[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

That doesn't mean it isn't a disadvantage to start the season and after the winter break with 3 of the first 4 away games being away. I raised this at the beginning of the season but everyone thought it was irrelevant because at that time people still thought we were invinceable. The first few games at the beginning of the season and after the winter break are huge. You've got new players playing together in a new system and you want to create a fear factor while you still have a clean slate. 3 away games in our first 4 both times has made it very difficult for us to ease new players into our system and get their fitness levels up before sterner tests whilst Celtic have had 3 home games in their first 4 games both times. 

In both instances the opponents have the exact same issues.

2 hours ago, compo said:

What I dont like is why the other lot were allowed to take the winter break with a game in hand,  I always liked to leave everything tidy when I went on holiday, to me it's like a wee insurance policy they have .

Its only an insurance policy if they win it.  If the winter weather kicks in and games get postponed that additional game may not seem like an insurance policy but a hindrance.

1 hour ago, pete said:

I have just watched the Brophy goal again and while there are no excuses for Worrel I have to say I don't think Ryan Jack comes out of it good either as he actually brought Brophy to Worrel. He should have been creating space and not closing Worrels space down. Just a thought.

Are you sure about that ?  I would need to see it again, but I thought Brophy actually came off the right wing, not centrally.  Ryan Jack was central and Brophy pulled off Halliday to challenge, or so I thought.  Maybe I am wrong though ??

1 hour ago, craig said:

Are you sure about that ?  I would need to see it again, but I thought Brophy actually came off the right wing, not centrally.  Ryan Jack was central and Brophy pulled off Halliday to challenge, or so I thought.  Maybe I am wrong though ??

No you are wrong Craig he was following Jack until he realised he could pounce on Worrel.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

We didn't look gutless or aimless prior to the goal.  That moment turned the match on its head.

I think you’ve just confirmed my point. As soon anything goes against us it’s powder puff time. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I know.  We often start well in matches then as soon as something goes wrong, the players lose belief.

It's not even true that we started that well IMO.

Kilmarnock sat back and let us have the ball. We were busy, we were ok but we weren't cutting them open and creating good chances. Our goal came from the rebound of a rare shot from outside the box and the Morelos header from a set-piece.

Edited by buster.

11 hours ago, craig said:

I'm leaving it there because you will never be convinced, not even by the fact that Celtic have to play on the same surfaces we do.

Put another way, I can absolutely guarantee that if these fixtures were reversed and Celtic fans were calling foul over the scheduling you would be laughing at "typical Timmy paranoia".

Celtic didn't put Joe Worrall on the pitch.  Celtic didn't put a poorly executed Ryan Kent square ball on the pitch either.

Sorry dB, but if we don't win on Sunday who else should be blamed aside from the players and management - is it just me that sees your "if we lose on Sunday then all ills will be blamed on us again".  Who else is to be blamed ?  The pitch ?  Remember, Celtic haven't won at Livingston this season either - it is the same for them as it is for us.

And, by the way, it IS an excuse.  The definition of excuse is "a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense".  In this case the "fault or offense" was us losing.  And the "reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify" is the fixture scheduling.  So you can defend your position all you like - but denying it is being used as an excuse is futile.

Did I at any point explain or excuse our defeat with the fixture list?  I noted that the fixtures as they stand gives them a headstart to the second half, as it did with the beginning of the season. Because they get rather easy ties and we do not. You seemingly started with a rather different angle when reading my posts?

This analysis is top class. It shows that Worral has qualities, but he's lacking in areas that get him caught.

Also, the first pass is great, because Kent has dropped into the space to give an option. Like I've said above, both Davis and Arfield should be deeper, making themselves available for that pass in that very area. According to the video it was the one time that happened.