[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

The only "good" things that there are now is that we know that the Scum lost there too and that the next game comes up so quickly. It might take a bit of time for Davis to adapt and a change to two-strikers clicks, and we all know how restless we can be if not everything goes according to "plan".

11 minutes ago, compo said:

What I dont like is why the other lot were allowed to take the winter break with a game in hand,  I always liked to leave everything tidy when I went on holiday, to me it's like a wee insurance policy they have .

You raised this point before and it was pointed out why this happened.

#League_Cup_Final

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

The only "good" things that there are now is that we know that the Scum lost there too and that the next game comes up so quickly. It might take a bit of time for Davis to adapt and a change to two-strikers clicks, and we all know how restless we can be if not everything goes according to "plan".

The manager has to take responsibility for playing the team/formation he did.

IMO he got it wrong on both counts.

Kilmarnock wasn't the place to give Davis a first start (unless he had been flying in training). 

I have just watched the Brophy goal again and while there are no excuses for Worrel I have to say I don't think Ryan Jack comes out of it good either as he actually brought Brophy to Worrel. He should have been creating space and not closing Worrels space down. Just a thought.

26 minutes ago, pete said:

I have just watched the Brophy goal again and while there are no excuses for Worrel I have to say I don't think Ryan Jack comes out of it good either as he actually brought Brophy to Worrel. He should have been creating space and not closing Worrels space down. Just a thought.

Stop thinking totally Worrall's fault,end off.

If people think we lost to Kilmarnock because of Joe Worral they need to think again. Worral made a mistake and we lost a goal. The reason we lost the game was an aimless, gutless performance by the entire team, including the coaching staff. Blaming a defeat on individual mistakes by individual players is to discount the other 90+ minutes of the game. We've lost goals in the past to horrendous errors and still won the game by four goals.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

We didn't look gutless or aimless prior to the goal.  That moment turned the match on its head.

It did but it shouldn’t have. That’s the big concern. When someone makes a howler everyone has to put it behind them & forget about it. We didn’t do that on Wednesday night

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Rubbish. And I aim that at this poor "excuse club" you seem to enjoy so much, as it does not set a level debate standard. You don't need to accept my point of view, but an excuse it is not.

We had a tough start to the league due to the fixture machine, and we have a tough start after the winter break too. It matters not a jot whether they will have the same amount of fixture over the course of the season (and who knows what happens after the split anyway, if someone starts whining again). We'll have two games on astro turf that have wrecked quite a few players and always prove difficult, they start at home against the poorest lot in the country. Like it or not, we don't know how the Scum will fare against Killy in a few weeks or months time, in the here and now they have been given a helping hand that was not needed. I can clearly envisage that some on here will expect (no matter what) a win on Sunday and if it ain't happens, all ills will be blamed on us again. In that respect, some have become "very German" indeed. For me, it remains too simple.

I'm leaving it there because you will never be convinced, not even by the fact that Celtic have to play on the same surfaces we do.

Put another way, I can absolutely guarantee that if these fixtures were reversed and Celtic fans were calling foul over the scheduling you would be laughing at "typical Timmy paranoia".

Celtic didn't put Joe Worrall on the pitch.  Celtic didn't put a poorly executed Ryan Kent square ball on the pitch either.

Sorry dB, but if we don't win on Sunday who else should be blamed aside from the players and management - is it just me that sees your "if we lose on Sunday then all ills will be blamed on us again".  Who else is to be blamed ?  The pitch ?  Remember, Celtic haven't won at Livingston this season either - it is the same for them as it is for us.

And, by the way, it IS an excuse.  The definition of excuse is "a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense".  In this case the "fault or offense" was us losing.  And the "reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify" is the fixture scheduling.  So you can defend your position all you like - but denying it is being used as an excuse is futile.