[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 St Mirren (Tavernier 3' pen, 55' pen, Defoe 80' pen, Kent 81')

4 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Interesting to read foregoing posts,missed first penalty due to delays in transport,second looked correct from where I sit,third Candeias fought to win ball just outside box and was brought down as he moved with ball into box and the hand ball one was inside corner of box.

As I sit in line with eighteen yard line I would have to be proved wrong by tv replays which Sportscene will no doubt show over and over.

Dallas totally inconsistent with his control and bookings which were so bad it was laughable.

All over the team played well.

All about opinions but the 3rd and 4th werent penalties IMO, and the 2nd was also very soft.  There was contact on Defoe so can see why it was given.  Fair enough, but you wouldnt be happy if given against you.

The handball happened outside the box - not by much but outside

Candeais one - the initial contact (and therefore the foul) happened just outside the box.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Candeais one - the initial contact (and therefore the foul) happened just outside the box.

Dosnt matter Craig, the law states that even if initial contact is outside and he still has him when he goes down inside, it’s a penalty. As far as I’m aware that’s what happened?

7 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Dosnt matter Craig, the law states that even if initial contact is outside and he still has him when he goes down inside, it’s a penalty. As far as I’m aware that’s what happened?

Always thought it was point of initiation, but I just checked and you're right coop - so that one was a penalty :thup:

The game that really matters is on Wednesday against Aberdeen. Lose and we can just about forget about winning the league, and we will be fighting for second place. Win and we still have a chance and cement second place.

Why are WE debating the penalties? We paid good money for that referee and plenty of it. He delivered on his part of the deal and I personally think it was worth every penny. What the BBC thinks is irrelevant. 

13 minutes ago, les186 said:

The game that really matters is on Wednesday against Aberdeen. Lose and we can just about forget about winning the league, and we will be fighting for second place. Win and we still have a chance and cement second place.

And this, IMO, is why Candeais was rested, not dropped.

Re Candeias ... I concur with many who want him in the team, as him and Tav make our right side tick.

That said, after thinking about it, we probably have to trial the midfield shape of today and see how best to utilize Davis and/or Defoe. We know what Candeias brings and games against Killie and St. Mirren are probably the "easier ones" to trial a different than the norm formation. For tougher tests will come and it is well worth to see how people play in a different system. Obviously, the opposition does play a part too.

Kent, Defoe and Morelos linked up quite well, Davis and Arfield weren't too bad either. I would assume Aberdeen will be a bit more open than St. Mirren, so we'll probably see Coulibaly, McCrorie and/or Jack .

Re the penalties ... as I said above, only the one that Tav missed was a "soft one", the rest were stone-wall stuff. We forced these errors and so be it. Anyone debating the number just for the sake of it, as I see certain media folk are doing, are simply ignoring the facts.

Edited by der Berliner

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

We paid good money for that referee and plenty of it. He delivered on his part of the deal and I personally think it was worth every penny. 

He didn't give the fifth.  Should be chucked out of the Lodge for that.

I'm livid.