The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just now, Waltersgotstyle said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. It’s the copa America in the summer so his value could soar.

Didn't know about that and yes, if he gets called up and does well you may well have a point.

My guess, is that Queiroz won't be experimenting as per the Asian tour and unless some currently higher up the pecking order are unavailable, he'll struggle to get gametime.

The report claims Betis will test Rangers resolve with a tantalising €23m (£19.75m) bid.

If a bid anything like that came in he’s gone and I would be happy with it. That could be a title winning fund.

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

Makes you wonderful what Kamara might be worth in a couple of years

Kamara’s an interesting one. Was a very highly rated youngster at Arsenal. He got sent out on a couple of loans to lower league teams which never worked out then eventually got released.

He ended up at Dundee for 18 months before joining us . Could be the best £50k we ever spend. 

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Kamara’s an interesting one. Was a very highly rated youngster at Arsenal. He got sent out on a couple of loans to lower league teams which never worked out then eventually got released.

He ended up at Dundee for 18 months before joining us . Could be the best £50k we ever spend. 

Not as good as Ajax paying 1euro for Frankie de Jong and selling him for 75-80 million euro's. Willem 11 do have a 10% sell on fee.

I note that Mexer will be 31 years of age in September.

I'm usually a bit of a transfer gossip ageist critic but I'm not that bothered when it comes to central defence, aslong as they don't have significant injury history  and obviously can play a bit.

46 minutes ago, scotjo said:

Like the look of the guy, you can tell like that sometimes, looks like a committed defender to me.

With powers like that on offer, it'd be remiss of me not to give your details to Mark Allen.

Expect a PM :snowman1:

Brighton, Southampton and Burnley weighing up move for Rangers £8m-rated defender James Tavernier

• Brighton and Southampton are considering bids for James Tavernier
  • The Rangers captain has scored 16 goals and provided 20 assists this season
  • Rangers would be forced to listen to offers of around £8million for Tavernier 

Brighton and Southampton are weighing up a bid for Rangers' goalscoring full back James Tavernier this summer.

The Rangers captain has scored a remarkable 16 goals in the Scottish Premiership and Europa League this season and added another 20 assists in the process.

Surprisingly, he was overlooked for Scotland's PFA Player of the Year nominations.

However, Tavernier's performances have still prompted interest from the English Premier League with Brighton, Southampton and Burnley all considering the former Newcastle United right-back as they draw up a list of options for the summer window.

Tavernier, 27, is highly regarded by manager Steven Gerrard, who has rewarded him with an improved contract.

However, Rangers would be forced to listen to offers around £8million. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6992263/Brighton-Southampton-weighing-Rangers-defender-James-Tavernier.html

Edited by ian1964