The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

The rumour mill has been running rampant that Ryan Kent would fancy a return to Glasgow after the 22-year-old deleted all links to Liverpool from his social media page, keeping just one pic from his footie career on Insta - his Rangers goal against Celtic.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17799415.rangers-fans-sent-meltdown-ryan-kent-posts-cryptic-slave-post-instagram-deletes-liverpool-snaps-social-media/

I think he definitely wants to come back. He's not going to get a game in that Liverpool first team plus he enjoyed his time at Rangers last season and knows we're on the verge of something big this season. Stands to reason he would want to come back and be part of it.

18 hours ago, DMAA said:

Fans forums have become an echo chamber on Grezda, it’s accepted as fact that he can hardly play football. Good player, bad attitude and very bad luck. Not surprised we got decent money for him and I think he’ll go on to have a good career. 

I don't hear this view echoed much.

It'll come as no surprise that every day I start up my Gersnet forum just hoping that Stevie will post something suggesting that Kent is on his way back.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching him last season anyway, but on the left of this new first eleven would be amazing for him, and would in my opinion complete the team that will win us 55.  It's the only piece we are missing now and he'd be ideal.  The next 10 days (i.e. the English window) are crucial for us.  We need to keep our best players and get Kent (or similar) back.

8 hours ago, pete said:

I pretty much think Kent will be back. He is not good enough for Liverpool and Gerrard really wants him.

That seems to run counter to Klopp praising him to the skies after playing him v. Seville. If we have him back then you wonder why we bought Jones who may then be surplus to requirements.