The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

23 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Arfield and Stewart are all strong in that advanced midfield role but all seem to prefer the right hand side.  I'd prefer Kent to come back for that left side, but if it's not him it needs to be someone else.

I agree that we could strenghten in the position but my preference would be someone who is a natural central attacking midfielder rather than a natural winger.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I agree that we could strenghten in the position but my preference would be someone who is a natural central attacking midfielder rather than a natural winger.

If it's not Kent (who I think is better centrally), then perhaps we can play Aribo there, allowing Davis, Kamara and Jack to play the midfield roles.  In keeping with the purpose of the thread, I'm interested to see who we are yet to sign.  Gerrard implied we have one or two more to arrive.  I'm hoping it's someone for this left sided role. I don't think we need any other position covered.

12 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Looks like we will always be signing goalscorers and not developing our own.

Good luck Andy?

That will always be the case if our own kids aren't good enough.  They could have been given a chance through the banter years but none of them are even close enough to being good enough to displace Morelos or Defoe.  It's only fair to make that clear and move them on for their own good as well as ours.

On 28/07/2019 at 22:46, Bill said:

I get nervous when we start talking about average players in terms of "must have". They mostly never deliver as much as we think. I'm all for Ryan Kent having a role at Ibrox but only at reasonable cost, never at the expense of funding the wider squad of players.

I'm the same.  I'd like him to come to Rangers but I'm not wetting myself over the prospect.

Edited by Briton