[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Celtic (Tavernier 3, Arfield 63)

3 minutes ago, onevision said:

Easy victory today.

Special shout out to big Katic who i thought was superb.

Goldson as well !

Tav is now level on goals scored (14) with a 9M pound striker but pishes all over him with assist numbers. Alfredo is still numero uno of League goals (17)

Wed 03/04/19 PRE Rangers 3 - 0 Hearts View events More info
Sun 07/04/19 PRE Motherwell 0 - 3 Rangers View events More info
Sat 20/04/19 PRE Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers View events More info
Sun 28/04/19 PRE Rangers 2 - 0 Aberdeen View events More info
Sun 05/05/19 PRE Rangers 1 - 0 Hibernian View events More info
Sun 12/05/19 PRE Rangers 2 - 0 Celtic
Edited by buster.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Goldson as well !

Tav is now level on goals scored (14) with a 9M pound striker but pishes all over him with assist numbers. Alfredo is still numero uno of League goals (17)

Wed 03/04/19 PRE Rangers 3 - 0 Hearts View events More info
Sun 07/04/19 PRE Motherwell 0 - 3 Rangers View events More info
Sat 20/04/19 PRE Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers View events More info
Sun 28/04/19 PRE Rangers 2 - 0 Aberdeen View events More info
Sun 05/05/19 PRE Rangers 1 - 0 Hibernian View events More info
Sun 12/05/19 PRE Rangers 2 - 0 Celtic

And Defoe is still numero uno in terms of goals per minutes played with a goal every 117 minutes with Alfie second best in the league in that respect with a goal every 125 minutes. Throw in the fact we're the highest scoring team in the league and it's beginning to look very good indeed.

And incidentally despite all the talk about them having played badly in recent months that's still the first time they have been beaten since we last beat them.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

And Defoe is still numero uno in terms of goals per minutes played with a goal every 117 minutes with Alfie second best in the league in that respect with a goal every 125 minutes. Throw in the fact we're the highest scoring team in the league and it's beginning to look very good indeed.

And incidentally despite all the talk about them having played badly in recent months that's still the first time they have been beaten since we last beat them.

Didn't  the Spanish city of Oranges (Valencia) give them a double going over aswell ?

They've struggled against anything decent.

Valencia 2 wis and 2 clean sheets

Rangers at Ibrox: the same

differnce being the game at their place.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Didn't  the Spanish city of Oranges (Valencia) give them a double going over aswell ?

They've struggled against anything decent.

Valencia 2 wis and 2 clean sheets

Rangers at Ibrox: the same

differnce being the game at their place.

No one in the league has beat them since we last beat them. And I would say that's 3 consecutive games we outplayed them despite the piggery result when Alfie was red carded.

11 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

No one in the league has beat them since we last beat them. And I would say that's 3 consecutive games we outplayed them despite the piggery result when Alfie was red carded.

Game at their place was one of two halves.

The other 3 OF games have been very one-sided.

We're conceded one less goal than they have over the four.

The league was lost elsewhere but absolutely no-one can deny the significant progress that SG&Co have brought.

Edited by buster.

Delighted with the win and performance today, although we must be more clinical. We have made 2 mistakes all game and it very nearly cost us.

If Clancy sees Flanagan’s push on Brown, or if it happens once corner is taken, we are playing a man short and they have a penalty. Given Clancy refereed as the Celtic fan that he is, I’m absolutely astonished he missed the chance to get his team back into the game. 

Then in with under 10 mins to go Flanagan (again) gets caught in a bad area and a few seconds later Burke has a tap in that he sclaffs to allow Wes to make a fine save.

Flanagan aside, our team were excellent, but safe to say the bheasts played it like a meaningless end of season rubber and were not up for the fight. I noticed and commented to my mate as they broke out their huddle there wasn’t the usual chest thumping and aggression from them, they just went to their positions to await kick off. I fancied us to win even more at that point!

6 wins on the spin has come too late in the season to matter much, but given it is so long since we found this level of consistency, I am absolutely delighted that perhaps the penny is finally dropping amongst the players and coaches of what it means to represent our club.

Make it 7 to end the season next week and we can try to take the momentum into next season. The Killie game will be tough as Killie have everything to play for and we are going to make changes (per SG post-match interview) so squad players will get their chance to prove they are worthy of being included next season.

Finally, has nobody made the gif yet of Kampala selling the scumbag the dummy to set up the second goal! What a goal that was!