signing rumours

Guest stuarty66

Birmingham have lodged a �£5M bid for Mido (thats us out the running then) today and C****C have placed a 'take it or leave it' �£2M offer for Naismyth and Fowler from Killie (likely to be accepted).

2 more players we have lost out on, and I wonder, that if these deals go through (especially the Naismyth one) if it'll be the straw that finally breaks the Rangers support out of their continued and unwarranted support of SDM.

Cammy F

If the tims do get naismyth, i think that will be the final straw for alot of fans, and will open the eyes of many others.

considering they have already signed Killen and MacDonald to add to all the strikers they already have suggests that they are spending alot of money on a squad player. we aren't spending ANY money - not even to add much needed quality to the 1st team.

combine that with the fact we were all set up to believe that the brown deal was a cert (think the papers called it "the worst kept secret in scottish football") and we just couldnt compete with them financially. (leaving out the debate of whether he was worth that much or not) This will not sit well with the support.

if celtic want to pay 2 million for naismith then they can have him. 5 mill for medo? thats a bit rich too. as much as i wanted or still want certain players i certainly dony want to go over the odds for them.

Not much happening today although I see that Celtic have had a bid (4M or so) for Frei turned down.

Rangers have opened talks with PSV Eindhoven over the transfer of winger DaMarcus Beasley. (Mail on Sunday)

Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith will hold out for a transfer to Rangers, despite Bristol City and Sunderland prepared to outbid the Glasgow club. (Mail on Sunday)

Celtic will deliver a £2m take-it-or-leave-it offer to Kilmarnock for Steven Naismith this week. (News of the World)

Is Beasley that bad Pete?

Ive never seen him play, cant say I even recall him being at Man City last season.

Apparently we are also in for one of his PSV team mates but cant remember who it is. I'll try and find it again.

I don't rate him Gribz and PSV have now stuck a 3 mill euro price on his head.

If he is our top signing then they can better give the tims the trophy now and put us out our misery. If i was a betting man i would put on a bet he will not play more than 20 games a season.

Interesting Pete, we certainly dont want another Capucho or Sionko on the wing. We need someone who is going to play week in week out.

Talking of Sionko has he moved onto France yet or still with us?

I think the Naismith situation will come to a head this week. I honestly get the feeling if he signs it will be a bit like when we signed Kenny Miller. But if he comes in for a decent price (750k) then id be ok about him being a back up striker.

Sionko is still here. How many years have we lacked a pair of decent wingers? Its another area of our team that we just can't seem to get sorted out and its a sad indictment on the state of our squad that Novo has been our best wide player last season.

Looks like we'd better get our finger out with Naismith.....

If we were under any illusions that he'd wait for us no matter what, his agent seems to dispute that.

Steven Naismith would not turn down a move to Celtic despite supporting Rangers as a youngster, according to his agent.

The Kilmarnock striker, 20, is attracting interest from both Old Firm clubs although Rangers are the only ones to have made an offer so far.

Their £450,000 bid was rejected by the Rugby Park outfit and Celtic have now joined the chase to land one of Scottish football's hottest properties.

Reports at the weekend suggested Naismith would spurn the advances of the Scottish champions because he has his heart set on a move to his boyhood heroes.

But his agent insists that is not the case, claiming any move would be based on cash and first-team prospects.

His representative Andrew McCormick told the Scottish Sun: "There hasn't been an offer from Celtic so far but there is definite interest.

"Steven does not want to go down south at this stage because of his family and that only leaves two clubs to choose from.

"So far, only one of them has made an offer.

"People think he would choose Rangers over Celtic because he supported them as a boy but that's not the case.

"Those days have gone and, if both make offers, then he would have a tough decision on his hands.

"If it comes down to Rangers and Celtic and they make matching offers, it will be a footballing decision."

I'm just wondering, in all this talk about Naismith, whether the lad himself feels insulted by the offer we put in for him and whether this could have a bearing on where he ends up.

We all know that strikers have to have a certain arrogance and cockiness, despite the fact that Naismith seems a very down to earth lad. Therefore i'm thinking he has in his own head a value for what he's worth at least. And then for us to go in with what I feel was an insulting offer, is he likely to go 'sod them, if that's all they think i'm worth' ?

Someone mentioned above that Killie won't deal with Celtic because they don't want to see Naismith just end up on the bench. Killie couldn't give a stuff where he ends up if they get £2 million for him. And they'd sure as hell rather deal with that kind of money than the offer we put in.

Malky