Your Current Starting XI

13 hours ago, Malangsob said:

This. No way in hell Barisic starts over Flanagan. Flanny earned his spot fair and square.

Just my opinion but I think it will be a fresh start for Barisic and I expect him to impress in pre-season and make the position his own again for the start of the season. If we fly out of the blocks and play good attacking football in the 4-3-2-1, Barisic will flourish in that style of play with the whole wing more or less to himelf. I would expect him to get a lot of assists and be a constant threat. When we are not playing well or against higher quality opposition Flanagan may be a safer bet from a defensive point of view.

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:31, Rousseau said:

Yes, I'm intrigued by our depth. 

(GK) McGregor | Foderingham

(RB) Tavernier | Flanagan | Polster - (RCB) Goldson | Edmundson - (LCB) Katic | XX - (LB) Barasic | Halliday

(DM) Davis | McCrorie

(RCM) Kamara | Jack - (LCM) Aribo | Docherty

(RF/RAM) Arfield | Candeias | Hastie - (LF/LAM) Ojo | Stewart | Jones | Murphy

(ST) Morelos | Defoe | Rudden (?)

Full-back looks light, and lacking quality. Edit: Forgot Polster. 

Another CB.

Another central midfielder; although need a priority as we can cover. Edit: Docherty!

Right-sided attacking player, maybe; although those six players could interchange. Edit: I was too Hasty, and forgot... Hastie. *Gets coat* :ninja: 

I think Halliday and Polster have there own place in the team but no designated position, don't see either as full backs, they can play there CM, DMC FB and as wide midfielders, more like utility men on their respective sides of the park, that's why I think we will go for another LB.

Although I think Barasic will be given another chance, I don't think Gerrard will take a chance on him turning out to be a shitebag again. Mind you maybe Grezda was a bad influence and if he goes it might get Barasic focused again

47 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Just my opinion but I think it will be a fresh start for Barisic and I expect him to impress in pre-season and make the position his own again for the start of the season. If we fly out of the blocks and play good attacking football in the 4-3-2-1, Barisic will flourish in that style of play with the whole wing more or less to himelf. I would expect him to get a lot of assists and be a constant threat. When we are not playing well or against higher quality opposition Flanagan may be a safer bet from a defensive point of view.

Let's hope so. I would love to see the guy flourish. Obviously SG thinks highly enough of him to invite him to Portugal. 

Too many players I don't know about yet to give a starting XI.

Plenty to think about with a big squad which will have to be reduced.

A plethora of wide players and we still seem to be after Kent :eek2:

Will be interesting to see what formation SG goes with and how adaptable he is, dependent on the game/situation.

We certainly have the personnel to go from one shape to another.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Too many players I don't know about yet to give a starting XI.

That’s a cop out ? it’s just a first impressions or prediction type thing, there’s obviously a lot that can change before the season starts

Edited by DMAA

On 29/06/2019 at 16:47, Gribz said:

Wont happen - but a classic 4-4-2???

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Katic Flanagan

Davis Kamara Arfield Aribo

Defoe Morelos

Swap Barisic for Flanagan and I really like the look of that side. Flanagan is not good enough IMO, and it may be that Barisic isn't either but he looks a better player if he can stay fit and get used to the plastic pitches. I would even play Halliday in front of Flanagan personally.

I love the look of that midfield and I think if Aribo is as good as we are hoping then supplying a twin strike force with Arfield running in behind looks really threatening. I would like to see that side given a run in the home games against the park-the-bus sides.