Your Current Starting XI

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Surprised to see so many prepared to leave Ryan Jack out of a starting lineup, considering he was one of the key cogs in the wheel last season.

It's either Jack or Kamara, and most are going with Kamara as he has looked a better all-round player than Jack to most it would seem.

Would you have Jack in front of Kamara @Bill or perhaps you can fit him in somewhere else? Instead of Davis?

SG clearly likes Jack a lot so it will be interesting to see if a role can be found to include him in the side. We have a lot of options and this is before we try to find a place for Docherty, Halliday, McCrorie etc.

4 - 3 - 2 -1

McGregor

Tav - Goldson - Katic - Barisic

Jack - Davis - Kamara

Arfield - Murphy

Morelos

Don't know enough about Aribo to bring him over Jack at this moment in time. For me, Jack (playing in the defence midfield three) allows Tav to get forward to great effect. If you take him out of that position, I am not sure that Kamara has the discipline to cover for those forward runs. The other toss ups are Ojo/Arfield, Murphy/ Jones and Barisic/Flanagan. Still hopeful that we can get to see the bandaged warrior from Osijek in a Rangers strip at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2019 at 14:17, ranger_syntax said:

Why do you hate Jon Flanagan?

I don't hate Flanagan. I think he deserves to start. Even with Barisic goal against that pub team in Gibraltar.

When the league play starts he is gonna get tossed around like a puppy's chew toy.

Flanagan lays the wood....Barisic doesn't.

On 26/06/2019 at 10:31, Rousseau said:

Yes, I'm intrigued by our depth. 

(GK) McGregor | Foderingham

(RB) Tavernier | Flanagan | Polster - (RCB) Goldson | Edmundson - (LCB) Katic | XX - (LB) Barasic | Halliday

(DM) Davis | McCrorie

(RCM) Kamara | Jack - (LCM) Aribo | Docherty

(RF/RAM) Arfield | Candeias | Hastie - (LF/LAM) Ojo | Stewart | Jones | Murphy

(ST) Morelos | Defoe | Rudden (?)

Full-back looks light, and lacking quality. Edit: Forgot Polster. 

Another CB.

Another central midfielder; although need a priority as we can cover. Edit: Docherty!

Right-sided attacking player, maybe; although those six players could interchange. Edit: I was too Hasty, and forgot... Hastie. *Gets coat* :ninja: 

I'm sure you will agree that Docherty is really a right centre attacking mid. Actually he could be the surprise package. 

3 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'm sure you will agree that Docherty is really a right centre attacking mid. Actually he could be the surprise package. 

I agree he should be on the right, but I don't think he has enough in his game to play RAM.

I see him as an industrious, box-to-box player, arriving into the box; which is perfect for those LCM/RCM positions we employ.

I agree he could be a really good option for us this season. I hope it works out for him.

57 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I agree he should be on the right, but I don't think he has enough in his game to play RAM.

I see him as an industrious, box-to-box player, arriving into the box; which is perfect for those LCM/RCM positions we employ.

I agree he could be a really good option for us this season. I hope it works out for him.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Yeh difficult one to call but I’ve always seen him as a box to box player too. Certainly get the benefit of his tremendous fitness that way. Having said that it’s early in his career and I can see why @alexscottislegend suggests playing him in that position with the likes of Davis, Kamara and Jack taking on the greater responsibility of dictating the play. He’s also stronger going forward than defensively I think. 

McGregor

Tav - Goldson - Helander - Barisic

Davis - Kamara

Ojo - Arfield - Jones

New

Biggest difeerence is that there are lots of options for different types of games.

My XI above would be for a game against Hamilton (A)......Aribo was difficult to leave out.

You could probably select 3 or 4 different sides/formations and you'd be confident of them doing a job.

Over to SG&Co to make the right calls at the right time.

Edited by buster.

21 hours ago, Rousseau said:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2u3vbr8.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxxHeYSWkAAReoF.jpg:large

I knew I'd seen stats somewhere. The first link is the whole season and second link is first half of the season at Shrewsbury. 

On this evidence it's hard to deny he actually looks far more suited to playing further forward, his defensive and passing stats are surprisingly poor!