Rangers chiefs lose latest round of court battle with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley over merchandise

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hopefully a heart attack is just around the corner for the slimy git.

That is far, far, too good for him. 

I should recommend penile, testicular, and colonic cancer. To be suffered..... consecutively.

Is that too harsh?

3 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I should recommend penile, testicular, and colonic cancer. To be suffered..... consecutively.

Is that too harsh?

Yes. Hanging’s enough.

5 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Is that too harsh?

To be honest, I'm not very clued up on medical problems but whatever causes a slow and extremely painful death would suit me.  

I think it would be sensible to stop thinking about Mike Ashley like some kind of hate figure. Many successful businessmen and women are like him, hard-nosed bastards who regard their business activities as some kind of combat zone.

He wouldn't be in the least bit phased by anything said about him on here or anywhere else. Nor will he ever change the way he operates as a result of anyone thinking he's a bastard. I'm sure in his eyes his business successes vindicate everything he does and justify every enemy he's made in the process. There comes a point where repeatedly reading how Mike Ashley is a shit just looks like fleas shouting at an elephant. He can't hear you, he wouldn't care if he did, we don't benefit, it's just pointless venting.

Rangers has entered into a contract that favours Sports Direct or at least fails to favour Rangers - exactly the aim of all of Ashley's business deals. The people running Rangers were too corrupt or too stupid to safeguard their own interests properly and now they or their successors will have to find a way out. But is it reasonable to expect Ashley to help them or to condemn him for not doing so? I'm in no way defending Mike Ashley but .... I don't think so.

Edited by Bill

@Bill I believe(not sure) you were also a successful business man so you possibly know an answer to a question that I have. Is there not a law that a director of a company can't do things that will be to the detriment of the company. Why then has nobody at Rangers tried to take Derek Llambias  and Somers to court. That SD contract was set up only to help one firm and it wasn't Rangers. 

Ashley and his crew attempted to turn OUR club into an additional money source, with no care or attention to what makes a football club a football club.  

We are not a retail outlet or a company.  We're a football club.  

Football is being ruined enough without football supporters happily accepting parasites, like Ashley, taking us for mugs.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

@Bill I believe(not sure) you were also a successful business man so you possibly know an answer to a question that I have. Is there not a law that a director of a company can't do things that will be to the detriment of the company. Why then has nobody at Rangers tried to take Derek Llambias  and Somers to court. That SD contract was set up only to help one firm and it wasn't Rangers. 

Directors have what's called a fiduciary duty to act in the interests of the company they act for. However, defining what is in the interests of the company at the time of acting can be difficult to achieve and can often be more subjective than objective. It's easier to identify a breach of duty if the director wilfully breaks the law of makes some clear cut move that is obviously and deliberately intended to disadvantage his company, usually for personal gain. Whether Llambias or Somers stepped over the line is a question I couldn't answer.