[FT] St Johnstone 0 - 4 Rangers (Morelos 47; Goldson 61; Defoe 88, 90)

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Jack outstanding again, MOTM, Defoe was excellent as was Morelos. Davis was excellent as well

Meant to add what another good game from Barisic, I have been very critical of him since he signed so I don't mind praising him when he has done well, two matches on the trot he is playing like the Croatian full back that he is, hopefully he has turned the corner

I thought Dallas reffed the game well for a change. His willingness to play advantage was refreshing. But not giving that penalty was beyond incompetent.

Oh and what a star we have in Ryan Jackson just gets better and better.

Well, I watched the game with some lovely Slawic commentary (Bulgarian, I'd say) and they were adamant that it wasn't a goal and showed the same scene that you can find below, albeit with Walker's commentary. It is NOT "very difficult to see" that the ball does NOT appear fully behind the goalpost. A slow-mo that DR reporters will have seen too.

https://streamable.com/a36xl

Regarding the and-ball, from what I saw in slow-motions it was not really in the area, but to give no free-kick or penalty was probably the one decision Dallas got wrong all day. Aribo will probably differ, as he was fouled quite a bit and went off the boil, but came back strongly later on.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

There’s no doubting we have two on form strikers while Barisic appears to be finding his feet and an embarrassment of riches in central defence plus midfield and a top class goalie. And that’s even before Kent comes into the equation. At this point it’s looking good.

A good win today after a very disappointing first half where we could easily have gone in at half time behind.

I still think we’re struggling to break down packed defences but hopefully a fully fit Kent will go some way to sorting that out. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I thought Dallas reffed the game well for a change. His willingness to play advantage was refreshing. But not giving that penalty was beyond incompetent.

Oh and what a star we have in Ryan Jackson just gets better and better.

After st Mirren last year I doubt Dallas will ever give us a pen again.