The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

You are ruling him out just because we signed Nicky Clark and it didn't work out.

As @BlackSocksRedTops points out - Robertson went from being a Queens Park player to being one of the best full backs in the world. 

I have actually seen a fair bit of Shankland (including his perfect hat-trick at the weekend)  and IMO he would flourish in our team with the sheer volume of chances we create.

I'm not ruling him out at all.  I'm merely providing balance.  We have had Nicky Clark who was banging goals in at that level too.  You've claimed that Shankland is "10 times the player" and I've asked if that is based on what you have actually witnessed.

Yes, Robertson went from a QP player to being probably the best LB in the world.  However, there are far more examples of players heading south and being flops than there are Robertson's.  Picking an example to fit your agenda doesn't mean it is so.

I think we can do better than Shankland.  I watched him against Dundee earlier in the season and, whilst he scored, he didn't impress me much at all.  Not good enough for us IMO.  A cheap squad player ?  Perhaps

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I would prefer it if we didn't do any business with Dundee United.

In Morelos, Defoe and Stewart, we have three strikers and that's enough for our current playing formation. 

Agree with the bit about Dundee Hibernian. I'm not sure Stewart would be good enough to play up front on his own for us. Would probably be OK at Ibrox but not sure about tougher away games

4 hours ago, craig said:

Tims in for him too apparently

Which is another indication of the return to a level of acceptable Rangers quality. In recent years the club weren't in the same market as them when it came to transfers.

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Which is another indication of the return to a level of acceptable Rangers quality. In recent years the club weren't in the same market as them when it came to transfers.

Or maybe it’s that their level of acceptable quality has diminished given lack of CL group stage entry, rather than a marked increase in our quality.

3 hours ago, craig said:

Or maybe it’s that their level of acceptable quality has diminished given lack of CL group stage entry, rather than a marked increase in our quality.

I have a definite suspicion they're not so awash with money as their following think they are. Apparently they're disappointed with the signing of Klimala as they expected a much bigger splash since they're supposed to be so cash rich.

But there has been a quality increase when it comes to Rangers signings. Think back to the sums Warburton was given to spend in comparison to Gerrard who made the second most expensive signing the club has ever acquired.

The yahoos appear to find themselves in a position of having a much larger wage bill than Rangers being paid to a team who are being consistently outplayed by Rangers. And don't have the mega money their fans thought they did to  change that in a single window.