[FT] Feyenoord 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 53, 66)

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I’m generally not in favour of name calling aimed at fellow bears, but sometimes when their behaviour is so monumentally stupid, idiotic etc, it's difficult not to. 

I've also pulled people up for making accusations against the UBs for incidents where there’s been no proof that they're involved. They've taken credit for last night's display and while it may have looked great, the club will be fined and the UBs should be responsible for the cost. 

Can you explain what the display was? Abroad at moment and did not notice anything during game, obviously before kick off I presume?

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We had one hand on a place in the next round, but shot ourselves in the foot.

We looked lacklustre in the first half.  They were first to every second ball and that cost us.

Goldson could easily have stopped the second goal with a straightforward tackle.

A draw in Rotterdam is a decent result but we should have won that match.

48 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Don't whatever you do call those responsible idiots. They're just Rangers fans who go to games. As I previously mentioned in another post this doesn't surprise me as I did hear it last night. So now they could cost the club a million pounds but still not idiots of course.

The Club could pay dearly for  'discriminatory' chanting, whether or not 'discriminatory' banners were on display.

As those responsible know, without doubt, the likely implications of such behaviour, I find it intensely frustrating and irritating that they choose to go ahead, anyway. 

Consistent scoring of own goals in this manner cannot be defended. 

I can only put what amounts to contempt for the Club down to blind arrogance.

As the Greeks noted, such hubris tends to be followed by nemesis. Unfortunately, in current circumstance,  the irresponsibles responsible will dodge the punishment, which will fall upon the Club, and perhaps, on other supporters. This, too, may not be defended. 

14 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Can you explain what the display was? Abroad at moment and did not notice anything during game, obviously before kick off I presume?

I'd rather not publicise it more than it has been already, but basically the whole Rangers end was lit up with flares, and there were a couple of banners. It's the flares that are the issue. We'll likely get fined for them.

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm still a wee bit deflated. 

We had one hand on a place in the next round, but shot ourselves in the foot. And, of course, Porto winning doesn't help. 

All to play for.  

A draw was bizarrely better for us than a win, given the result in the other game. 

We would still have needed a draw against YB, even if we'd won, but with us drawing it means Feyenoord have something to play for against Porto, and if they beat Porto then we're through.

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm still a wee bit deflated. 

We had one hand on a place in the next round, but shot ourselves in the foot. And, of course, Porto winning doesn't help. 

All to play for.  

I am not deflated quiet happy we came home with a point as our first half display was very shoddy and poor .