We just don't know what's happened, but its hard not to think that this is another case where we've not been willing to offer enough money quickly enough in the negotiation process and have pi$$ed off the selling club. Maybe I'm wrong, but the guy wanted to come here and would have been a good investment. Why couldn't we afford the extra 1.5M or so?

I've also seen places reporting that we're still dicking around with Kilmarnock with pathetic offers for Naismith. Pretty depressing all in.

So Bord/Killie should just accept any offer that Rangers make? Yeah, ok, cool

Tell you what, I'll offer you a combined fee of �£10K for your house and car - will you sell me them?

Put it another way, you are selling your house and put it up at offers over �£150K - someone comes along and offers you �£75K, would you sell at that price or would you hold out for an offer that meats your evaluation?

Cammy F

Cammy F Quote" Its called business - if they said they only wanted �£5M no one would have bid over �£3.5M. They said they wanted �£10 but in reality, a bid of over �£5 would have sealed the deal.

Don't blame Bordeaux, blame the shop-front we have conducting our transfers and the even bigger shop-front that employs Bain.

Cammy F

Cammy mate, you can't say one and then expect to be taken seriously when saying the other...

4.5 Mill was a decent offer. They only had to say no, but instead said no through the press...

When buying a new car do you say I accept the RRP of 10,00k. No you haggle - as you say, its called business.

OK, we know its bollox we won't dip our hand in, and he apparently wanted to come to Ibrox, but is he just saying that to get more wages/a higher bid for the club he's leaving, or is it genuine?

• 3 weeks later...

France coach Raymond Domenech has blasted Julien Faubert's move to West Ham.

Faubert left Bordeaux for West Ham earlier this month after The Hammers beat Rangers to the midfielder's signature.

Domenech has expressed his disappointment at Faubert's decision to move to Upton Park, hinting the 23-year-old has damaged his international ambitions by switching to Alan Curbishley's side.

Faubert has made one appearance for France, but Domenech believes he could struggle to add to his tally after opting to join West Ham.

"I can't understand Faubert's decision. When my players phone me to tell me they are moving clubs, I tell them it is okay if they are joining one of the top four in England, Germany, Italy or Spain," Domenech is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"But it is unspeakably stupid to join a club outside of those few, apart from the financial point of view.

"It is a great pity when you are on the brink of the French national team.

"I struggle to understand why he has done it."

Wonder what his response would've been if he had signed for us if that's his reaction to him joining West Ham !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He injured himself playing for West Ham in a friendly. He left the field on a stretcher with his leg in a brace. Could be a lengthy lay off.

Heard this earlier.... now even players being linked with us get the Rangers injury curse!!

France coach Raymond Domenech has blasted Julien Faubert's move to West Ham.

Faubert left Bordeaux for West Ham earlier this month after The Hammers beat Rangers to the midfielder's signature.

Domenech has expressed his disappointment at Faubert's decision to move to Upton Park, hinting the 23-year-old has damaged his international ambitions by switching to Alan Curbishley's side.

Faubert has made one appearance for France, but Domenech believes he could struggle to add to his tally after opting to join West Ham.

"I can't understand Faubert's decision. When my players phone me to tell me they are moving clubs, I tell them it is okay if they are joining one of the top four in England, Germany, Italy or Spain," Domenech is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"But it is unspeakably stupid to join a club outside of those few, apart from the financial point of view.

"It is a great pity when you are on the brink of the French national team.

"I struggle to understand why he has done it."

Wonder what his response would've been if he had signed for us if that's his reaction to him joining West Ham !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typical arrogant french twat. West Ham are a top 4 side in England :)

Typical arrogant french twat. West Ham are a top 4 side in England :)

Gribz you already have my vote as Gersnet's funniest user 2007/08.

Gav, you need to step up your game to beat this one !