http://www.fussball-talente.com/Julien_Faubert_vor_Wechsel_zu_den_Glasgow_Rangers-2_17-5078-1.html

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2007/20070623_093541Dev.html

I personally have never heard of him but judging by everybody's reaction on FF this sounds like it would be quite a coup.

Breaking into the France squad and being a Roma target the lad must be doing something right.

I'll believe it when I see him holding the jersey though.

Jeezo. We really are getting over excited over the most tenuous of rumours. If he ends up signing and is a great player then fine, but, sadly, the majority of these rumours are without foundation.

Rangers are to sign Girondins de Bordeaux winger Julien Faubert for �£4.3m, according to L'Equipe.

He would follow striker Jean-Claude Darcheville from the French club to Ibrox should the reported four-year contract be confirmed.

The 23-year-old Faubert, who joined Bordeaux from Cannes in 2004, has been capped twice by France.

He made his debut in August against Bosnia, scoring a last-minute winner to secure a 2-1 victory for the French.

A lack of width has been earmarked as a problem by Rangers manager Walter Smith since he took over from Paul Le Guen during last season.

And the Glasgow club are also reported to be close to signing USA winger DaMarcus Beasley from PSV Eindhoven.

Where we getting 4.3 million from for one player!!!

Sounds like he'd be a good investment if nothing else, but I'm confused as to where the media think we're getting the money from when we've been putting in derisory offers for other players and quibbling over much, much smaller sums.

I really hope this isn't smoke and mirrors and is just the first signing of 5 or so we make in the next few weeks.

Sorry, let's be optimistic, didn't mean to bring the mood down.

Going a bit crazy for him on FF. The lad does look like exactly what we need though.

Keep Believing Loyal

Thats par for the course. You need to have a permanent screw loose on there

Beasley and particularly Faubert would be very interesting signings...

Faubert is a lot of money but would give us a higher quality player for the right of midfield whilst also allowing cover for Hutton. Whittaker has been strongly linked for that role but perhaps the Frenchman is worth the extral lolly.

The left of midfield has been a problem since Gio/Albertz left. Adam had a decent season and his stats shouldn't be ignored. However, we certainly need competition for that area and I'd much prefer Beasley to the likes of McCulloch.

It's going to be an interesting few days by the looks it it. Celtic have thrown down the gauntlet with some good signings. Time for us to answer strongly. Faubert is exactly the kind of riposte were after but I'll wait until he's wearing the new away strip before actually getting excited...

Beasley and particularly Faubert would be very interesting signings...

Faubert is a lot of money but would give us a higher quality player for the right of midfield whilst also allowing cover for Hutton. Whittaker has been strongly linked for that role but perhaps the Frenchman is worth the extral lolly.

The left of midfield has been a problem since Gio/Albertz left. Adam had a decent season and his stats shouldn't be ignored. However, we certainly need competition for that area and I'd much prefer Beasley to the likes of McCulloch.

It's going to be an interesting few days by the looks it it. Celtic have thrown down the gauntlet with some good signings. Time for us to answer strongly. Faubert is exactly the kind of riposte were after but I'll wait until he's wearing the new away strip before actually getting excited...

4.3 mill i guess the season tickets are not all sold then and a few new rumours are needed. Sorry my confidence in these kind of signings are at a low ebb.