Every signing has a degree of risk attached to it and EVERY club signs a bad player. If your saying the players you mentioned needed more time then i agree but thats not a luxury your average old firm fan affords you these days.

Of course it does. you never know how players are going to fit in with other players, the club ethos etc. But to get the best out of a player, you have to allow them to settle. Mark Hateley is the best centre forward I've seen in a Rangers shirt yet was pilloried when he first signed for us. He was given time and when on to become a legend. Players at our club are not allowed to adapt their game and their lifestyle because we expect instant results. So why pay 4.5 mill for a guy that may not give that insatnt result? So we can sell him on in January for half that? To sit in the reserves till we can afford to pay off his contract?

Rangers need to start from scratch. We have poor players, a manager who did a fantastic job steadying the ship, but whom I don't see along-term future for, a chairman who is looking for an escape route, no cash, a terrible reputation and no trophies!

The quicker Murray jumps in a taxi the better. We need a new ethos, fresh ideas and, obviously, an influx of cash from somewhere. I don't think throwing away 4.5 on one player is a smart move at the moment, especially when for that cash we could have Stephen Naismith, Russell Anderson and Steven Whittiker enhancing the team. All are proven in Scotland, are young and hungry and have a very good idea what it wouldbe like to play for Rangers.

Beasley and particularly Faubert would be very interesting signings...

Faubert is a lot of money but would give us a higher quality player for the right of midfield whilst also allowing cover for Hutton. Whittaker has been strongly linked for that role but perhaps the Frenchman is worth the extral lolly.

The left of midfield has been a problem since Gio/Albertz left. Adam had a decent season and his stats shouldn't be ignored. However, we certainly need competition for that area and I'd much prefer Beasley to the likes of McCulloch.

It's going to be an interesting few days by the looks it it. Celtic have thrown down the gauntlet with some good signings. Time for us to answer strongly. Faubert is exactly the kind of riposte were after but I'll wait until he's wearing the new away strip before actually getting excited...

I'm with you here on this one Frankie...When he is holding the scarf above his head at Ibrox/Murray park,I will beleive it.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.1497166.0.0.php

"What has changed is that we have received a fax from Rangers notifying us of their interest in Julien," Triaud told The Herald.

"They have asked for a meeting to discuss the situation but I don't know if that will be possible. We will see what happens over the next few days because this is a busy time for our club. I have spoken to the player and I know he is interested in Rangers and the chance to try another league.

Looking a bit more likely now.

The fee however seems like it is going to be the biggest stumbling block

"What has changed is that we have received a fax from Rangers notifying us of their interest in Julien," Triaud told The Herald.

"They have asked for a meeting to discuss the situation but I don't know if that will be possible. We will see what happens over the next few days because this is a busy time for our club. I have spoken to the player and I know he is interested in Rangers and the chance to try another league.

How many plane tickets, taxi rides, hotel bills etc must Rangers have paid Bain to travel to meet clubs only to offer a laughably paltry sum of money? Going by recent history, he'll offer �£1m take-it-or-leave-it and we'll get laughed at. Stupid, stupid tactics.

Until I see players paraded I refuse to believe any of the transfer rumours flying around (get it?).

A direct quote showing our interest is progressing. I'm happy with that, as long as Bain doesn't do his usual (under Murray's orders) as stewarty describes above.

Bordeaux have admitted that winger Julien Faubert is desperate to join Rangers. (Daily Record)

He wants to come so the ball is in our court. No doubt we'll fluff the return though!

He won't cost 10 million though, its all just part of the initial blustering. They know the player wants to leave, so now they just need to get as much as they can for him.

Exactly - if they said they wanted 2 mill teams would bite their hands off and they would know they had lost a player on the cheap.

Selling teams will always overprice players they are selling whilst buying teams will always underprice players they want to buy (although we are masters at the latter with Bain at the helm.........)

I'm still mystified as to how we're going to afford his fee given that we've been making such derisory offers all over the shop for other players.

I honestly can't tell you how optimistic and excited I'd be about next season if we signed Cuellar, Faubert, McCulloch, Naismith & DaBeasley.

Let's hope DM pulls the proverbial rabbit out of the hat.