This signing was rumoured not long after we signed JCD as they are close friends and some were saying it was the major reason for signing JCD. I don't think that we'll pay the entire �£4.3M as I believe that if this DOES go thro, Sionko will move in the opposite direction and we'll pay around �£3.5M (exactly what we were offering for Brown).

If and its still a HUGE IF we do sign Fuabert, it would be a fantastic signing and one that IMO would eclipse most of our signings since the likes for Laudrup. This is a fantastic player and exactly the type of player The Rangers should be signing.

The article in todays Scotland On Sunday tells the real story tho - Faubert wants to move to the EPL but doesn't think he is ready at the moment and sees a move to the SPL (ala Boumsong) as a logically stepping stone.

I have no problem with this as we should make a profit on any deal and have a fabulous player for ~3 years.

Cammy F

Couple of papers are saying that we've not made any offer and nothing has been mentioned when we signed D'Archeville. I almost wish rumours like this just wouldn't happen and we got back to the old days of signing players on the quiet.

To be fair, the story is coming from France and from the most respected football magazine in France. For once, nothing to do with our shit press or SDM lapdogs in said forth estate.

Cammy F

I'll gladly eat my words if proved wrong, but are we not going slightly over the top about how good this guy is/could be? To be totally honest I don't know anything about the boy, but Jeremy Clement was a young French 'superstar' and he didn't exactly set the heather on fire here. As someone already said where is this money coming from all of a sudden? Sounds like a bit of a risk to me..................

Taken from FF.

To thrash out the terms of his departure. Bid from Rangers thought to have been accepted. Faubert keen to come. A stack of direct quotes from the club, and his agents. The player has been hugely impressed by how much we want him, and how far we have gone to persaude him to come to Glasgow. Likes the fact that Darcheville (who is a good mate) is here. Thinks it'll help him settle. Though he makes no secret of the fact that he sees this as ideal prep for the big move he wants down the track (EPL).

Quick summary of what the French papers are saying today.

Hope that's true, would be good to have some exciting and positive news for once.

I'll gladly eat my words if proved wrong, but are we not going slightly over the top about how good this guy is/could be? To be totally honest I don't know anything about the boy, but Jeremy Clement was a young French 'superstar' and he didn't exactly set the heather on fire here. As someone already said where is this money coming from all of a sudden? Sounds like a bit of a risk to me..................

You should search for him on youtube, there are some great compilations of him. I know these can sometimes be unaccurate but the boy does look as if he has bags of talent and as he is a French international, i dont think he is a 'risk' at all

The guy's recently broken in to the French national team after being a regular for the under 21s and I think he scored the winner in a recent match against Croatia (I think), so I wouldn't class him as a risk. Compare him to the fee paid for Brown for example.

GERS INTERESTED IN FRENCHMAN

Posted 24/06/07 11:06

EmailPrintSave

Rangers and Tottenham are keen to sign French international Julien Faubert, according to his agent.

The 23-year-old midfielder has been a regular for Bordeaux since signing from Cannes in 2004 and scored on his debut for France against Bosnia last year.

Bordeaux lost striker Jean-Claude Darcheville to the Ibrox club on a Bosman deal but Faubert is under contract until 2011 and Rangers' bid is reported to be �£4million.

Despite one report claiming Rangers had not been in touch with Bordeaux, the player's agent Philippe Sol told the Sunday Mail: "Rangers are very interested in signing Julien and a move to Scotland is something that excites him.

"His long-term goal is to play in the English Premiership but playing at a huge club like Rangers could help him achieve that.

"He could learn the language, adapt to the culture and show his skills on a different platform.

"A lot of clubs want to sign him. Roma would like Julien, as would Tottenham.

"But a move to Spurs would depend on if they keep Pascal Chimbonda.

"Rangers have shown the biggest interest and the passion to sign Julien is something that attracts him.

"The fact that Jean-Claude Darcheville is also at Ibrox is important because it could help him settle quickly.

"Now we have to find out what Bordeaux want to do with Julien.

"He's an important player for the club and they won't want to lose an international who's on a long contract.

"We will be holding talks this week to try to reach a solution."

We have to admit and accept we are a stepping stone to the EPL. If we get the cream of the youth i don't care really.

Watched a few clips of him on You Tube and he looks a bit of a player!! He is right sided but gets in to the box.

I'll wait until he has signed on the dotted line but the options of having him and Beasley makes things a lot more interesting.