Should be interesting to see what develops, everyone knows clubs dont want an unhappy player but i have a feeling that Jean Louis Triaud might test us right to the wire, i can see this going to the last hour on deadline day.

Not exactly ideal for us with the CL qualifiers rapidly approaching.

However I think it's less fraught, if they don't accept our offer, we don't get him, simple. There is nothing else the board can do, they just can't offer more than 4.5M. So if we don't get him there are no regrets.

Do you think he'd settle in quickly enough for the CL qualifiers. No other Frenchman seems to settle in quickly - including a management team...

Boli, Guivarche, Rodriguez, Hemdani, N'Gessan, Namouchi, Le Guen, Letizi, Clement, N'Daiye, Stanger, Ponroy etc all seem to have struggled at least at the start.

Only Charbonier is the memorable exception.

Boli, Guivarche, Rodriguez, Hemdani, N'Gessan, Namouchi, Le Guen, Letizi, Clement, N'Daiye, Stanger, Ponroy etc all seem to have struggled at least at the start.

Only Charbonier is the memorable exception.

I wouldnt say Namouchi didnt settle. But Im also trying to wonder which part of France Tunisia is ;)

Wasnt FanFan another?

I disagree if C****c can afford 4M for Brown, Rangers can afford 4M for Faubert.

You'd like to think so but perhaps I should have said that because of our current transfer policy (i.e WS saying we can't afford to spend �£4m on one player) he may be out of reach.

I wouldnt say Namouchi didnt settle. But Im also trying to wonder which part of France Tunisia is ;)

I think that Namouchi was actually a French national he just chose to play for Tunisia because of his parents. (and because he would have no chance of getting a cap for France)