Rangers 2 - 1 Hibernian (Edmundson 45; Hagi 83)

Players like Kamara and Katic should be dropped but as we've seen in the past, that's not how the manager deals with them.  He tends to play them as a means of getting through their bad patch.  That's what he did with Kent, Tav, Goldson, Arfield, etc.  The only player he did drop was Barisic as a result of poor performances so we will see.  In some respects we can't afford to drop Kamara because their is not a stronger replacement.

I am with @PoohBear on this though.  I do get a sense (maybe hope rather than anything concrete) that we are turning the corner now and Im expecting a big performance tonight.  If we don't need get it, it won't matter anyway because then the league is dead anyway.

At some point however this management team will have to reflect on what is happening during our winter breaks.  Something is clearly breaking the rhythm for us and not other teams and we need to fix that for future campaigns.  As for tonight, let's go!

I should say that it is Vital that we regain our Spark (and, if Dougie was here, he would tell you himself.)

The problem, of course, is from where the required improvement in performance will come. This year, the players have looked, frankly, and at best, lethargic and leggy. In the January games (Stranraer, San Mirren, the Hertz, and the Animal Lovers) there have been no discernible signs of improvement, from one match to the next, and, really, only McGregor and Goldson have punched their weight.

The question, then, is who will light the boilers? Prometheus? Or, more likely, Dan McPhail?

44 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Players like Kamara and Katic should be dropped but as we've seen in the past, that's not how the manager deals with them.  He tends to play them as a means of getting through their bad patch

I would add Kent to that. Aribo has produced more than him in the final third and it wouldn't be fair to drop him for Hagi. I don't think it would be a bad thing to remind him of the competition either. I agree with you that Gerrard tends to stick with his men but I think Katic is the most vulnerable tonight with Edmundson chomping at the bit for an opportunity.

Anyway, I expect a return to winning ways tonight and we'll get over this hump.

Why does it take umpteen passes to move the ball from one wing to the other instead of one pass right to the wide man's feet or putting just in front of him so he can take it in his stride , watching Saturdays game  I am sure I seen a woman in the Govan stand who had enough and looked like she was sleeping 

1 hour ago, compo said:

Why does it take umpteen passes to move the ball from one wing to the other instead of one pass right to the wide man's feet or putting just in front of him so he can take it in his stride , watching Saturdays game  I am sure I seen a woman in the Govan stand who had enough and looked like she was sleeping 

Everyone was taking three touches with the ball, seems like no one is confident enough to do one touch passing at the moment.  Perhaps Hagi can change that.