SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

4 hours ago, buster. said:

@Stevie - 4lads Blog

Couple of points on your blog Stevie.

The main issue for me was the tone and agressive nature of the initial "whistleblowerblower evidence" statement that at a time when the cards are actually stacked in our favour. It has given detractors and general commentators an easy way to make sure they can share out their criticism when it should be all for the SPFL and it´s lack of corporate goverence.

Nor does it chime with your line about ..."This is a marathon, not a sprint"

If it´s seen as a marathon you don´t initially go in with a size 14 boot.

The other point is that there is enough evidence/dirt already out there, which has in turn provided headlines/media and produced anger there, that any smoking gun could have been kept in the background as we observed the situation develop.

Lastly on this, IMO Rangers PR shouldn´t be about placating fans who want to metaphorically see blood and results today. It has been for too long and tends to lead no-where. I can understand why at some points in the year this may be advantagous but generally it serves no good purpose and actually only ends up storing more anger for the board itself.  

To me, this current situation isn´t a marathon. It´s an opportunity with an expiry date which is fairly short term but may drag a tadge because of the virus. We won´t get a better chance to push the three amigos from the 6th floor at Hampden. 

The three amigos and the Dundee CEO are becoming figures of ridicule. Satirical humour is often a good way of further discrediting people. eg. the Falkirk chairman was on Sportsound yesterday cracking a joke about the IT baloney that the SPFL/ Dundee are desperatly making up. Everyone on the show laughed and that type of thing discourages defence of the indefensible. 

Moving forward, we very much have them on the back foot. They´ve made a rip roaring collective cnut out of it, let´s make the most of it. 

ps. I don´t do religion but I will prey that Lawwell can be directly drawn into this.

The blog got answers from the club on several points people wanted answered 

Did we have evidence, why aren’t we releasing it, what is our strategy 

It was a different blog in respect of my usual and what the key points where. So in terms of the points made they are very much Rangers own stance which I covered on my comments on twitter 

So the points on the clubs stance etc are not defended by me, merely passed for your own thoughts 

So in essence, I don’t disagree with your thoughts, I hadn’t written the blog as a defence of the club so I get your points 

There are many who feel we have the wrong strategy or have missed the boat, time will tell 

Rangers has accused the SPFL of malfeasance (in short), a serious charge, and yet we hear nothing from the SFA, football's governing body, in particular its Compliance Officer, who must surely have an interest in the machinations of the League, in, around, before, during, and after the ill starred (and ill intentioned) vote. 

At very least, the mixture of bullshit, bluster, badgering, browbeating, doctoring, and distortion employed by the League must bring the game into disrepute.

Of course, do we -does anyone- trust her enough to make a complaint, with evidence? 

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

At very least, the mixture of bullshit, bluster, badgering, browbeating, doctoring, and distortion employed by the League must bring the game into disrepute.

Surely anyone with any sense of reason or fairness would agree with this.

53 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

You could be right. Any guess what the something might be?

Nope but it will most likely be an attempt to slip something under the radar.

Edited by onevision

18 minutes ago, onevision said:

Nope but it will most likely be an attempt to slip something under the radar.

For me they got offered league reconstruction if they voted to accept the SPFL proposal to finish the lower leagues & award the premiership to the yahoos.

But league reconstruction requires an 11-1 vote in the premiership. Rangers will vote against & I cannot see why the yahoos would want it either. Others too maybe.

Budge & others have been sold a pup with league reconstruction in return for voting for the SPFL proposal

2 hours ago, compo said:

If our chairman has any evidence then now is the time to strike at them whilst the iron is still hot 

Not yet  for me. I think the pre warning type statement on a Sunday is a good thing, make them sweat a wee bit before this reconstruction forum starts tomorrow. Hold the cards close to the chest for now IMO.

I wouldnt strike yet - not when it hasnt been confirmed that the stooges wont be involved in any investigation.

Good to see Dalglish speak out - possibly the best ever Scottish player who must ooze respect from many in the UK as a whole. Going forward, former respected players should always have a part on the board even a consultancy basis at a minimum.

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

Not yet  for me. I think the pre warning type statement on a Sunday is a good thing, make them sweat a wee bit before this reconstruction forum starts tomorrow. Hold the cards close to the chest for now IMO.

I wouldnt strike yet - not when it hasnt been confirmed that the stooges wont be involved in any investigation.

Good to see Dalglish speak out - possibly the best ever Scottish player who must ooze respect from many in the UK as a whole. Going forward, former respected players should always have a part on the board even a consultancy basis at a minimum.

I agree.  We don't need a Big Bang. What's required is consistent and maintained pressure.  It's too easy to ride even the stormiest single wave, but if we continue to see this constant attack it will eventually have an effect on these corrupt goons.  Anyone in PR (and I'm not) knows this, which is why I was always bemused by our previous attempts at this.  Maybe this new chap coming in has brought some awareness and experience to the club afterall.

If we can keep this pressure on for a few more days, in the absence of any bigger sports stories (of which there are few), this could very well see us get our inquiry.  The pressure is also building on Celtic.  I wonder how they'll spin this one.  Their Hollicom team must be working overtime, but I wouldn't underestimate them because they'll come up with a corker and then we already know Celtic has the brass neck to deliver any message no matter how ridiculous.

Aberdeen chairman did slip a few mistakes.

The one that stands out for me was the 'temporary reconstruction' of only 1 or 2 years then back to normal.. is that what they offering the 'bigger' teams. Skum fc will oblige to get there tainted title. 

Lot of upset championship teams ahead. What makes it even more ridiculous is. If that sticks, Dundee have slim to nill chance of gaining promotion for a long time as no playoffs and then a pile of teams will come back down with no promotion. (Again another sweetener for some of the spfl teams). You can see where this goes next

3 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

The blog got answers from the club on several points people wanted answered 

Did we have evidence, why aren’t we releasing it, what is our strategy 

It was a different blog in respect of my usual and what the key points where. So in terms of the points made they are very much Rangers own stance which I covered on my comments on twitter 

So the points on the clubs stance etc are not defended by me, merely passed for your own thoughts 

So in essence, I don’t disagree with your thoughts, I hadn’t written the blog as a defence of the club so I get your points 

There are many who feel we have the wrong strategy or have missed the boat, time will tell 

Thank´s for the reply Stevie !

I was just giving my tuppence regards mostly what the club had done thus far.

Wasn´t having a go at you in any way.

I really should have thanked you for putting the blog up,... I do so belatedly