The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

3 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

his main strength is using his pace in a counter-attack, which was discussed plenty here when his pre-contract signing was announced, so it makes you wonder if mere customers like us can see it why our scouts/management didnt take this into account before wasting a good contract on someone who was never likely to be a success.

Exactly. It was clear as day he wasn’t the type who would fit our system. And I thought it was clear that he was an Aberdeen level player too. 

Edited by DMAA

Re Jones ... and Stewart, Barker etc. ... all the same issue really. Not that they "are not good enough", but we seriously underused them and their strengths even in games and at times when we badly needed them. I know people will disagree with gusto, but those last two seasons, if not four, we far too often stuck to tactics and line-ups that simply didn't suit the Scottish game for a whole season. We saw how Jones could hurt teams on the counter, but hardly ever used them in games where it was necessary. We hardly ever used the trickery and willingness of Stewart in lots of sticky and dire affairs at Livingston, Hamilton et al.

Weston ... is 16. I do not regard him as "a real signing" just yet. And whether he will come good in 2 years time (or actually is been given a chance) is anyone's guess.

2 hours ago, compo said:

As were not exactly what hanging heavy  on the striking front I would have persevered with Jones until the Christmas break  .

He isnt a striker - his competition would be Kent, Barker, Hagi etc

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Re Jones ... and Stewart, Barker etc. ... all the same issue really. Not that they "are not good enough", but we seriously underused them and their strengths even in games and at times when we badly needed them. I know people will disagree with gusto, but those last two seasons, if not four, we far too often stuck to tactics and line-ups that simply didn't suit the Scottish game for a whole season. We saw how Jones could hurt teams on the counter, but hardly ever used them in games where it was necessary. We hardly ever used the trickery and willingness of Stewart in lots of sticky and dire affairs at Livingston, Hamilton et al.

Weston ... is 16. I do not regard him as "a real signing" just yet. And whether he will come good in 2 years time (or actually is been given a chance) is anyone's guess.

The only games this would happen in Scotland would be the OF games - Jones got his fair chance in Europe so SG clearly saw where his potential was.  I have a tad more info on this privately which makes me not very surprised at all that he is being allowed to leave.

1 minute ago, craig said:

The only games this would happen in Scotland would be the OF games - Jones got his fair chance in Europe so SG clearly saw where his potential was.  I have a tad more info on this privately which makes me not very surprised at all that he is being allowed to leave.

The driving charges are, I assume, the tip of the iceberg.   By all accounts he gave his address as Redcar, and he had some well documented problems when he initially moved to Killie where he didn't integrate with the team and was down the road every opportunity, mixing with less less than wholesome hangers-on...

I wonder if he's slipped into old habits

24 minutes ago, craig said:

I have a tad more info on this privately which makes me not very surprised at all that he is being allowed to leave.

Attitude?

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Jean-Pierre Nsamé closer to Steven Gerrard’s Rangers

https://www.kick442.com/jean-pierre-nsame-closer-to-steven-gerrards-rangers/

Seemingly, "SG was impressed" by him and "we're willing to pay Euro 4.2m" for the Young Boys striker, who scored 30 goals in 76 games. 

The source looks unreliable to say the least but an exciting link, he looks very good.