[FT] Rangers 2 (Roofe 50, Kent 77) - 0 Kilmarnock

5 hours ago, compo said:

Right then lads give me your take on Roofe is he going to do a job up front or not. 

Roofe is definitely on the verge of something great, he has a stack of talent , he likes to lead flashing his skills at every opportunity.

Its a clean  slate for him here, and he doesn’t drink or ever go out on the tiles, so won’t be in the gutter press.

He’s trained well , and is sof fit ,so can really get those hips moving.

I felt he did well yesterday, and his team mates will look forward again heading into the valley that is the fountain of youth stadium with him next week.

Happy ever rafter.

Franc (roofing contractor),.. not really.

17 hours ago, compo said:

Right then lads give me your take on Roofe is he going to do a job up front or not. 

If he can stay fit I think he could be very good. That was the second time this season we have scored against a very defensive team by Barisic firing a low ball in which only needed to be re-directed by very quick feet. What a way to score a goal, I love it. But I don’t think Morelos would have the light and quick feet required to re-direct those like Roofe did on Saturday. Roofe could actually suit our style of play more than Morelos. I have never been Morelos’s biggest fan though so I’m sure others would have a different take on that. 

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

Roofe should be an excellent signing. What he should also do is provide space to get Alfredo's head back on and back playing the football we know he's capable of.

The signing of Roofe and Itten by SG I think indicates that he does not believe Morelos will be around this season which is unfortunate but when we signed him we knew, if he proved himself in the league, he would not be around very long.

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

Roofe should be an excellent signing. What he should also do is provide space to get Alfredo's head back on and back playing the football we know he's capable of.

I am afraid Alfredo has to go he will just pull the team down with his whole demeanour he's been showing these day's,  get rid of him I say .

1 hour ago, compo said:

I am afraid Alfredo has to go he will just pull the team down with his whole demeanour he's been showing these day's,  get rid of him I say .

I don't think this issue is whether or not Morelos is leaving .... it's about realising the maximum price, which we won't do if he spends an extended period on the sidelines

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 19:07, DMAA said:

Possession stats and shots on target against in each game so far,

Aberdeen - 60% - 0 shots on target
St Mirren - 74% - 2 shots on target
St Johnstone - 75% - 2 shots on target
Livingstone - 79% - 1 shot on target
Kilmarnock - 75% - 0 shots on target

That is your clean sheets explained right there. Complete domination in possession. We were good at this last season but the early signs are that actually we’ve managed to improve further. 

Just a few stats to add to this,

• Rangers have faced 17 shots so far this season, Celtic have faced 19 having played 2 games fewer
  • Rangers' average possession of 66.5% is the highest in the league
  • Rangers' pass accuracy of 87.6% is the highest in the league

Doesn't mean anything at this stage of course but some good early signs.

That looks like this over-statistic garbage the US make so much fuss about in American football ... yet, at the end of the day, points on the board matter, don't they? Obviously, domination of the ball et al should by default win the day in any given game ... and perhaps we saw something new in the Roofe & Itten as well as Barker & Kent attack line-up. We have to wait and see how that developes and how we get on against the brickwallers on their soil.

Edited by der Berliner