[FT] Rangers 2 (Roofe 50, Kent 77) - 0 Kilmarnock

6 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Roofe’s finish was Brand-style. Did my eyes deceive me or did he adjust his position by half a step just before delivery of the pass in anticipation of the angle?

They didn't deceive you - that is a characteristic of a natural scorer. Ralphie Brand? A dwindling number of us will remember him with fondness.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Ball in the net:

Rangers 9 in 5

Other contender 7 in 3.

That stat on the face of it looks good for Celtic.  However, 5 of those goals were in their opening game at home to Accies - their subsequent two games has seen them score 1 goal in each game, which MIGHT suggest that they are struggling to create chances against brick wall teams too.  We can but hope.

Fingers crossed loyal. 

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

That looks like this over-statistic garbage the US make so much fuss about in American football

Hardly. Some basic facts which go some way to explaining our clean sheets.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Hardly. Some basic facts which go some way to explaining our clean sheets.

There is no doubt that our tweaks in defence has had an effect on our forward play. However, we have looked solid at the back rather than all over the place as previous seasons. 

35 minutes ago, CammyF said:

There is no doubt that our tweaks in defence has had an effect on our forward play. However, we have looked solid at the back rather than all over the place as previous seasons. 

Aye, in previous seasons we have looked amateurish at the back.  Now, even with the cracking start Balogun has had, when he misses a couple of games Helander has come in and nobody is missing a beat.  Very solid at the back right now, long may that continue.  The defensive players must be absolutely oozing confidence just now.

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Central defence is the only part of our squad that I don't have any concerns with.  Goldson, Helender and Balogun all look very solid and Edmundson and Katic are more than adequate back ups.

You forgot to mention Tav ?.

13 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Roofe’s finish was Brand-style. Did my eyes deceive me or did he adjust his position by half a step just before delivery of the pass in anticipation of the angle?

If he's a fraction of Ralph Brand he'll be very special indeed.