[FT] St Mirren 0 - 2 Rangers (Roofe 27; Morelos 33)

• Frankie changed the title to [Pre-match] St Mirren v Rangers

Kent`s pace is not essential in such games, as St. Mirren will sit deep. Thus, kudos to SG to finally jump over his (Kent-) shadow. A lot of technical ability, trickery and shooting ability from midfield (Kamara) to the main striker. Let`s hope we tear them a new one and pay a few League Cup bruises back.

Happy with that team. It’s very rare for Gerrard to drop Kent so that is interesting. This is a strong team we are starting with which suggests there will be no complacency this time. Big game. 

Alfredo merits his start and I think is ready and certainly well over due, to step up a gear or three.

Good move to offload Kent.

Bench has a goalkeeper, 3 defenders, only 1 midfielder and 4 forwards.

Bit light in the middle, thought Dickson might be on bench.

Has Balogun ever played defensive midfield ?

I reckon they'll have an early go at us, trying to get a goal before we settle and start to impose our game on them.

Best counter would be to start quickly out of the traps and get the early goal ourselves. 

Concentrate lads and remember, don't stick on one goal. Don't slowdown until we get two in front.

Nerves kicking in and I'm just watching !

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Alfredo merits his start and I think is ready and certainly well over due, to step up a gear or three.

Good move to offload Kent.

Bench has a goalkeeper, 3 defenders, only 1 midfielder and 4 forwards.

Bit light in the middle, thought Dickson might be on bench.

Has Balogun ever played defensive midfield ?

I reckon they'll have an early go at us, trying to get a goal before we settle and start to impose our game on them.

Best counter would be to start quickly out of the traps and get the early goal ourselves. 

Concentrate lads and remember, don't stick on one goal. Don't slowdown until we get two in front.

Nerves kicking in and I'm just watching !

I would suggest even slowing down at 2 is folly. If we are 2 up, keep going as 1 goal can change everything 

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I would suggest even slowing down at 2 is folly. If we are 2 up, keep going as 1 goal can change everything 

I think you can slow down a tadge but still actively look to score, a sudden push down on the accelerator on a counter attack as opposition have little option but to go for it if two down.

Change slow for intelligent.

If it goes well, we also have to bear in mind not uneccessarily overloading players re. Saturdays game.

All that said, I'd grab a 0-1 victory if offered, like a dug aboot beetroot.