[FT] Rangers 5 (Morelos 11', 64'; Kamara 72'; Arfield 75'; Sakala 84') - 0 Hearts

41 minutes ago, onevision said:

Kamara's goal was great but what about Sakala's finish?

I've watched Sakala's goal several times and it gets more skilful every time - and what was with has stolen celebration? 😁 The best bit about Kamara's goal was the pass from Morelos that left the Hearts defence wondering what day of the week it was.

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yes, a young player with around 35 professional games under his belt does need this. Don't think anyone is under any illusions there. 

I didn't intend to denigrate Calvin Bassey, who I've praised many times. As far as I'm concerned he's our first choice left back. What I would hate this to do is arrest his progress to being a much better players week in week out, although I'm sure our coaching staff will be well on top of that. So far so good with Bassey but he is prone to moments of silliness and needs to work on his decision making.

29 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

In what regards? I don't think anyone will look at Bassey and see a complete player. Any expectations as such are completely unrealistic. 

He must mean the other way young players get away with murder in a lot of cases. That is perhaps fair enough. 

Patterson for example was never even close to being as good as Tav but was hugely favoured over him. 

Edited by the gunslinger

35 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

In what regards? I don't think anyone will look at Bassey and see a complete player. Any expectations as such are completely unrealistic. 

My expectations are winning the league.

In my opinion Bassey letting it bounce all the time doesn't help with that.

It might well be tolerable though and we will see soon enough.

5 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

My expectations are winning the league.

In my opinion Bassey letting it bounce all the time doesn't help with that.

It might well be tolerable though and we will see soon enough.

My expectations are also to win the league. However i doubt we will have a team full of impeccable players given our current financial situation and player trading model moving forward. We will see a lot more Basseys in the years to come as we look to develop and sell on.