[FT] Rangers 5 (Morelos 11', 64'; Kamara 72'; Arfield 75'; Sakala 84') - 0 Hearts

Was great to be there today Alfie sensational,Jack/Lundstrom dovetailing well with the latter being used properly,Kent on fire and the rest efficiently doing their jobs with a slight hiccup at times.

The only thing spoiling today was the Hobbit.

Liked the welcome we gave Andy Halliday.

50 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Was great to be there today Alfie sensational,Jack/Lundstrom dovetailing well with the latter being used properly,Kent on fire and the rest efficiently doing their jobs with a slight hiccup at times.

The only thing spoiling today was the Hobbit.

Liked the welcome we gave Andy Halliday.

I thought about all those Dutchmen in the dugout wondering why 50,000 Rangers fans were singing the name of the Hearts substitute 😂

What a performance. Blew a very good team away. A team that doesn't ship goals easily. We had an abundance of chances. Could have been a bit more than 5.

Dreadful refeeding performance again, just dreadful. Missed a clear pen, booked Bassey for a great challenge and booked Balogun for something the forward made it to be.

Shows what we are capable of if the players believe and have that kind of hunger and intensity.

My 2 main criticisms of the management were answered today. Our midfield has lacked shape and presence. Our forward line is too far apart and cant linkup with the midfield or each other and our central striker is isolated. The same single fix solved both those problems. Jack and Lundstram played as the 2 'sitting' midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 type formation. Both drifted out wide when in possession to make triangles with the fullback and wide player. Bassey Lundstram and Kent caused hearts a fair few problems. The first goal a great example of that and what a ball from Bassey to Kent in behind the fullback, the cross and finish were sublime. Should have had a penalty not long after for a pull on Kents shirt.

I've been especially critical of Lundstram since he came in to the club, a few bad performances initially followed by the fleeting good performance. But yesterday he was great. Full of running on and off the ball. Good passing and offering the right angles. Made a cracking run in the second half which I want to see more from him. Its why i believe we brought him in for those lung bursting break the line runs.

Kent much better today, he needs to keep that type of performance going for the rest of the season. We need him playing like that. Bassey was great too apart from that headed pass back we need him to stop trying things like that. Full of praise for the entire team yesterday. 

Makes me wonder, were the players at fault for Wednesday or did the system hang them out to dry? (specifically Kamara). 

24 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Makes me wonder, were the players at fault for Wednesday or did the system hang them out to dry? (specifically Kamara). 

I think it was a bit of both.  Tactical issues, combined with meek performances from the whole team.  

26 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

What a performance. Blew a very good team away. A team that doesn't ship goals easily. We had an abundance of chances. Could have been a bit more than 5.

Dreadful refeeding performance again, just dreadful. Missed a clear pen, booked Bassey for a great challenge and booked Balogun for something the forward made it to be.

Shows what we are capable of if the players believe and have that kind of hunger and intensity.

My 2 main criticisms of the management were answered today. Our midfield has lacked shape and presence. Our forward line is too far apart and cant linkup with the midfield or each other and our central striker is isolated. The same single fix solved both those problems. Jack and Lundstram played as the 2 'sitting' midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 type formation. Both drifted out wide when in possession to make triangles with the fullback and wide player. Bassey Lundstram and Kent caused hearts a fair few problems. The first goal a great example of that and what a ball from Bassey to Kent in behind the fullback, the cross and finish were sublime. Should have had a penalty not long after for a pull on Kents shirt.

I've been especially critical of Lundstram since he came in to the club, a few bad performances initially followed by the fleeting good performance. But yesterday he was great. Full of running on and off the ball. Good passing and offering the right angles. Made a cracking run in the second half which I want to see more from him. Its why i believe we brought him in for those lung bursting break the line runs.

Kent much better today, he needs to keep that type of performance going for the rest of the season. We need him playing like that. Bassey was great too apart from that headed pass back we need him to stop trying things like that. Full of praise for the entire team yesterday. 

System. I said that after Wednesday as everyone else was moaning (rightly, to an extent) about the 'pashun'.

Kent's performance summed it up: we were able to isolate him against the FB; 9 times out of 10 he wins a 1-v-1. We don't do it often enough, though, and when he does get crowded out, he's not as effective, which would be the same for the best players in the world. 

40 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Bassey was great too apart from that headed pass back we need him to stop trying things like that.

He was caught a few times during the second half and his positioning was very suspect. I thought he'd a poor second half defensively.