[FT] Rangers 5 (Morelos 11', 64'; Kamara 72'; Arfield 75'; Sakala 84') - 0 Hearts

15 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

He must mean the other way young players get away with murder in a lot of cases. That is perhaps fair enough. 

Patterson for example was never even close to being as good as Tav but was hugely favoured over him. 

The Patterson example is fine, he is not close to being as good as Tav. Agree 100%. But only one of those was sold for a big fee. So perhaps not only fan perception at play there.

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

Aside from a 10min spell at the start of the 2nd half where Hearts tried to put us under more pressure, I thought we played very well yesterday.

Jack, Lundstram, Kent and Morelos were all superb and whilst we really have to stop the unnecessary defensive brain farts, we really blew Hearts away and it could and should have been more.

All in all though, it's a much needed confidence boosting win so looking forward to Wednesday now with I'd imagine the same team.

We have all had our doubts to some extent since Gio came in, for me even at one point I was thinking the players aren't getting his tactics! or they don't like the set up! are they playing for him?. Well that performance eased my concerns! they reacted alright! and yes still a few errors in there however I believe they are all in it together and as long as they maintain the hard work and tempo, playing on the front foot then we will be in with a great chance of 2 in a row!

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

My expectations are also to win the league. However i doubt we will have a team full of impeccable players given our current financial situation and player trading model moving forward. We will see a lot more Basseys in the years to come as we look to develop and sell on.

You had better get used to reading complaints then.

6 hours ago, Bill said:

I've watched Sakala's goal several times and it gets more skilful every time - and what was with has stolen celebration? 😁 The best bit about Kamara's goal was the pass from Morelos that left the Hearts defence wondering what day of the week it was.

I struggled to see how he made that goal. The speed at which he took the touch and angled it passed Gordon was absolutely incredible. What a composed finish. Another who deserves a run in the team. 

15 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

You had better get used to reading complaints then.

I've been watching us for years mate I'm used to it. People always complain. Even when Smith was winning everything ahead of him. We need to be realistic about where we are now and what we need to do to compete. A big part of that will be playing a lot of players who are rough around the edges in the hope they improve and we sell them for profit. Bassey a prime example.

18 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The Patterson example is fine, he is not close to being as good as Tav. Agree 100%. But only one of those was sold for a big fee. So perhaps not only fan perception at play there.

if tav was Patterson's age he would be going for 30 million. 

5 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

if tav was Patterson's age he would be going for 30 million. 

30 million Shiba Inu perhaps 😂

Seriously though, maybe when he was on top form a season to two back, we could ahve commanded a large fee.  On current form, at Patterson's age, maybe 5 million.