[FT] Rangers 1 (Roofe 81') - 0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen have been rank for weeks, even with Brown. 

We once more put out a team that has effectively one striker, another sent to the wing and lots of working/passing people with no end product. For weeks Aribo and Kamara have been back to the short-pass, needless pass, back-pass routine in midfield that will have greatly improved our completed-passes column, but the area where we needed people most, i.e. the finishing one, has been left unpopulated.

I`ll - on hindsight - gave it to Gio that Perth was a dire game to play and one to win ugly. Today, there was all to play for, with the crowd behind from the off and Aberdeen not really the power of old. Yet we gave them everything they needed to play us rather them the other way round.

Start to the second half was better, but after 20 mins we toiled on again. Sakala got some flak from the commentators, but Aribo and Kent produced next to nothing either ... Morelos went to the wing and flanked a fine ball ... and no-one of our supposed attacking midfield was there or arriving late.

But that`s not something new and we saw it time and again under SG. if that`s modern football, I want a stone-aged 4-4-2 back.

Edited by der Berliner

Bit of a slog but glad to get a vital 1-0 in the end. Did McGregor have a save to make all game ?

And of course, as now expected,Beaton was at his awful worst today, missing fouls & handballs all game.

Good to see the manager make necessary substitutions in the second half & it paid off although I think Lundstrum should be a starter.

on the downside can we do anything about our corner kicks? they are mostly garbage. Can we not in swing them like most teams do ? When tav took them first half down his side he out swung them to the penalty spot & they were easily cleared. Why not tav swing them in from left side & Barasic (or bassey) swing them in on the right side

Currently on holiday in Canaries so missed the game live but watched on RTV. It was brutal to watch, a continuation of the last 80 mins on Wednesday but two 1-0 wins are gladly accepted. 8 more and we will be champions. 

Glad to see some (if still confusing) use of subs. I hope Roofe can stay fit for run-in, he does pinch goals that don’t look like coming sometimes. 

I must be in minority but I thought all that display stuff pre-match was utter pish, glad I never wasted any cash on that. These things always seem to take away from game in hand and so it showed again with a lacklustre start to the game. Like title flag days, the game is overshadowed and is usually a very dull affair. 

Back to Europe now with the visit of Red Star Belgrade on Thursday. Hopefully the same Rangers that played Dortmund shows up again!

I thought we were lucky with the goal. Imagine the reaction toward Gio had we dropped another two points, and it would have been fully deserved. The lucky goal doesn't change that IMO.  We are still in the fight, but Gio needs to solve this lethargic, defensive mindset very quickly. 

I missed the game in person and couldn't watch it which I think is a good thing. My nerves and blood pressure couldn't have taken that. Going by the comments online (even if you discount the usual extreme reactions) made it sounds like another terrible performance.

Agree with Rangersrab about our corner kicks.

Counted 6 out swingers in the first half that we never once looked like scoring from. Second half after Borna was taken off Tav,'s first in swinger from the left had them scambling. Corner should = in swinger all day long.

Thought the roof was gonna lift off all 4 stands when the goal went....brilliant and great seeing most fans stay to the end.

54 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Bit of a slog but glad to get a vital 1-0 in the end. Did McGregor have a save to make all game ?

And of course, as now expected,Beaton was at his awful worst today, missing fouls & handballs all game.

Good to see the manager make necessary substitutions in the second half & it paid off although I think Lundstrum should be a starter.

on the downside can we do anything about our corner kicks? they are mostly garbage. Can we not in swing them like most teams do ? When tav took them first half down his side he out swung them to the penalty spot & they were easily cleared. Why not tav swing them in from left side & Barasic (or bassey) swing them in on the right side

McGregor had nothing to do at all.