The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

11 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

That's the point, we need to win games, lot of money at stake, so we should give ourselves the best chance. 

Over 10 CL group campaigns, we average 1.2 wins per 6 games.

One win every 5 games.

Some campaigns we have won 2 matches, others zero.

Ross Barkely is a strange one for me, I think he would be after huge wages and I think he is the sort of player who would be coming to Scotland thinking he's the worlds best player, but thats just looking from the outside, what do i know.

Any news on that Nicolas Raskin from Standard Liege, he looked like a promising/interesting option...

39 minutes ago, buster. said:

Over 10 CL group campaigns, we average 1.2 wins per 6 games.

I don't think matches against Club Brugge or Stuttgart 20+ years ago are relevant to this season.  

We should be looking to win our home matches.  

59 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

That's the point, we need to win games, lot of money at stake, so we should give ourselves the best chance. 

Didnt appear to be the point to me.  It appeared to be making an assumption that we would be able to get results and should therefore spend money in anticipation of said results.  There is much more at stake by over-spending and chasing CL points, failing and be left with a bloated and over-paid squad.  David Murray chased moonbeams too and look where it got us.

The club shouldnt be using "lets spend money to chase some CL points" as the yardstick.  It should be much simpler - how much guaranteed revenue to we have, and what can we afford from that.  Any CL points revenue bonuses should be just that - bonuses.

11 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

Ross Barkely is a strange one for me, I think he would be after huge wages and I think he is the sort of player who would be coming to Scotland thinking he's the worlds best player, but thats just looking from the outside, what do i know.

Any news on that Nicolas Raskin from Standard Liege, he looked like a promising/interesting option...

We have taken a step back as the asking price is too high

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I don't think matches against Club Brugge or Stuttgart 20+ years ago are relevant to this season.  

We should be looking to win our home matches.  

Over all our CL group campaigns, we have never won more than ONE home game.

I am sure we have went into all campaigns looking to win all our home games.

Yes, we should look to do so again. The history tells you that it is very unlikely to happen.

Home games against top side in group.

Marseille, 2-2

Juventus, 0-4

Ajax, 0-1

Bayern Munich, 1-1

Monaco, 2-2

Man utd., 0-1

Inter, 1-1

Barca, 0-0

Sevilla, 1-4

Man Utd., 0-1

Liverpool, ?-?