The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

18 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I'd suggest we need a proper central midfielder at the very least as I'm not sure we can rely on Ryan Jack any more. Lundstram has done fairly well over the piece and we all know the qualities of Kamara and Davis but I'd like to see us really strengthen there.

The future of Morelos is also relevant and with Colak doing well then perhaps the money we need to spend might not be huge but we do need another striker.

It's going to be an interesting week!

Agreed, however since Alfredo's future is unclear, even if he stays, we need another striker in the squad. If we dont buy then we need to bring one of the youngsters into the squad and give them regular minutes. 

There are so many positions that I thought we'd filled, but it still looks like we're short. 

A new GK would be useful, but we're covered. 

At LB we do have Red Van, who's looking like he'll be taking a while to get up to speed. 

We're short at CB, but I have been advocating for Sands in that position for a while. We've got Davies too, along with Souttar and King. 

We needed a Right-winger, which Matondo looked like the answer, but again, he's taking a while to get up to speed. 

All the above positions we technically have the cover for. 

I wouldn't mind getting an #8, though. A box-to-box player, who can graft and make good movements in the final third - a younger Arfield. 

I would also like an inside forward to play on the right and as cover/competition for the striker position.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Evander may be our initial target for the midfield berth...

I dont know any particular targets. I've heard Olaru and Evander. But I do know the manager has earned some backing from the board now. He deserves a RW and a #8. And the cash it would take to buy those two players has been earned by him and then some. By developing Bassey and by over performing in Europe. Over to you Mr Park.

8 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I dont know any particular targets. I've heard Olaru and Evander. But I do know the manager has earned some backing from the board now. He deserves a RW and a #8. And the cash it would take to buy those two players has been earned by him and then some. By developing Bassey and by over performing in Europe. Over to you Mr Park.

We obviously now have money to spend but we'll also need to move players on which will help further.

Exciting times!

I don't think its looking good for Ryan Jack unfortunately, but I think we are ok with that position. A creative midfielder who can go past his man with drive, some pace would be good.

Will Roofe go? Will Morelos go? Kent hasn't signed an extension either...

I've not been keeping up with the finances, but presumably the CL groups gives us a more predictable income, earlier in the season compared to us going far in to the Europa League? Hence its not unreasonable to expect some cash is made available?