The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

On 17/08/2022 at 18:24, Bill said:

I don't think many would argue with his status and legacy. However, when extending contracts it's important to believe reputation doesn't just rely on the player's past. Far too many heroes go out with a whimper and too many clubs get scant return on the final few years of long-term players. Hopefully Tav isn't in that category.

I honestly cant see him being that way.  Certainly doesnt come across as a Dele Alli type.  He was working on his fitness all the way through pre-season

On 17/08/2022 at 22:15, Tannochsidebear said:

One Goldson error or Ramsay penalty away from Tav overtaking Greig as greatest Ranger? Statue at least! 

Not quite. Had Ramsay scored his penalty this would not, in itself. have delivered the trophy.

Edited by Yorkie Bear

20 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Walter Smith is the greatest ever ranger. 

Hardly.

Walter might make the 2nd v 3rd playoff but admittedly will finish ahead of Greigy. 😉

Edited by Bill

14 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Not quite. Had Ramsay scored his penalty this would not, in itself. have delivered the trophy.

I still maintain that it wasn't a 'bad' penalty, per se. 

Tavernier's penalty was worse. 

Ramsey's penalty was saved.  He didn't miss.  

I'd hate to have to take a penalty in any circumstance, never mind in a European final.  

I'm sure Aaron Ramsey would have loved to have scored it and played a part in us bringing the trophy home.

It doesn't do anyone any good to keep dragging it up.