BBC Scotland and Rangers to resume coverage

21 minutes ago, compo said:

Perfectly simple I would tell them to stick their apology up their arse ,I dont eo forgive and forget. 

You do that in every aspect of your life Compo? How's it worked out for you? 

19 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

How do we lose out of this compo? I don't think we exactly 'win', but I really can't see how we lose.

It depends on the quality of coverage in future.

I mean the B.B.C. has conceded certain points but that doesn't also mean that it will stop broadcasting the opinions of complete idiots.

Tbh I'm alright with idiots commenting on us, as most people can see through them, and the folk that can't are of a similar ilk to the idiots.

I mean, who really cares what Sutton or Boyd says?.

And I'm old and wise enough to accept others views.

Edited by Devil's advocaat

4 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Tbh I'm alright with idiots commenting on us, as most people can see through them, and the folk that can't are of a similar ilk to the idiots.

And I'm old and wise enough to accept others views.

Best of luck with this approach.

For me, this is meaningless. What exactly is it that you think this "agreement" will provide for Rangers or its supporters? I can't see me tuning in to Off the Ball or waiting with bated breath for the next report from SportSound. I haven't watched or listened to BBC football coverage for years and I see no reason to change that. The BBC offers nothing I can't get better from elsewhere. If it wasn't for @26th of footand his regular posts on the subject, I would have no idea what was said about Rangers on the BBC ... and care even less.

Good luck if you think this will change anything.

Club 1872 Statement on BBC Scotland 

Dear Contributor,

Club 1872 notes today’s announcement by BBC Scotland that they have reached agreement with Rangers to resume coverage for the 2022/23 season, following a period where they refused to adequately cover Rangers games.

Whilst cautiously welcoming this development, we note that BBC Scotland has not in fact acknowledged the inherent bias in much of their coverage of the club over the past decade. They have chosen instead to restate the apologies they have already made - the majority of which had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, out of their senior management following detailed complaints from Club 1872 and hundreds of individual Rangers supporters.

This climb down by BBC Scotland is a victory for all those supporters, and we thank those supporters for their considerable time and effort, but it does not address the core problem. Without a wholesale change in the culture at BBC Scotland, which does not appear to have taken place, it remains to be seen whether they are able to ensure pundits like Michael Stewart adhere to BBC editorial standards despite multiple breaches involving Rangers in the past.

In the meantime, we are pleased that Rangers supporters will once again have access to the coverage that their licence fee pays for. The quality and fairness of that coverage will now be the focus over the coming months.

30 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

They knew elderly, infirm, hospitalised and, Gers fans in remote areas had little or no access except through the national broadcaster

Aye, I'm with you on all of that, but happy for those you mention that its been resolved by the looks of this statement.