BBC Scotland and Rangers to resume coverage

12 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Given we plan to introduce VAR and that it was being tested at our game it is unbelievable they didn't look at it. VAR would have done nothing at their goal. Has to be a clear error and the guy has his hand on Goldsons back. The BBC know this of course. 

The ref had blown his whistle before the ball went in the net so VAR couldn't have changed anything anyway.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

The Colak goal was discussed in the Sunday version of the show and they drew lines which appeared to show that he was offside. I'm not sure if the still used was exactly when the ball was crossed though, so who knows whether he was offside or not.

I agree, those lines depend on the timing of when the ball was kicked and on tight calls a TV station could, if it wanted, probably tweak and present the case it wants to.

It would be good to know how VAR actually determines this exact moment and the technology used.

10 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The ref had blown his whistle before the ball went in the net so VAR couldn't have changed anything anyway.

Long before. 

Now of course with VAR they may not blow but every chance we clear it if we haven't stopped as well. 

I'd imagine that tonight will see a BBC Scotland commentary team pitchside at a Rangers European away game.

I think they were also in Leipzig and Braga. 

It'll be stranger to hear them broadcast at Ibrox.

I hope no one thinks they have to watch or listen to the BBC just because it happens to be broadcasting. Why would any Rangers fan be concerned whether or not the BBC sends people to Belgium?

Just now, Bill said:

I hope no one thinks they have to watch or listen to the BBC just because it happens to be broadcasting. Why would any Rangers fan be concerned whether or not the BBC sends people to Belgium?

Latest Irony GIFs | Gfycat