[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers

23 minutes ago, CammyF said:

What, beating PSV over two legs doesn't show we can compete in Europe? We got to EL Final just over 100 days ago, whilst losing to teams domestically. 

We lost the league mate.   We have to perform on both fronts.   We are no better domestically now than we were when gio took over.  This was deja veu today.  Gio implemented the same tactics the last time we got beat at the scum dome and and against union.    We went there not to lose today.  Once the first goal went in we were out of ideas.   Rangers are box of chocolates under gio.  You just don't know what your going to get next.   

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Australia & the USA seem to qualify for every WC thro easy qualification 

I don’t know much about Japanese football so can’t comment

He's no Gardiola 

Maybe not, but GvB makes him look like PG.

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

I have my doubts 

It tends to be difficult to give youngsters extended runs at Rangers.

Under pressure managers tend to stick to the tried and (previously) trusted.

Now that the window is closed, a brave and practical manager might see opportunity, rather than risk.

At the end of the day, we won't know if they are good enough unless they get a chance.

12 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I will say this Ange won't be at Celtc at the end of the season. Probably not the end of the year. 

They will have trouble when he goes. How much is debatable but i am not convinced their form has much to do with quality of player. 

Some of their players are very very ordinary. A couple are excellent mind you.  

The damning thing is, most of their players just needed to be ordinary today. We were gift wrapping their goals by dawdling on the ball instead of clearing and sleeping at throw ins. 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The damning thing is, most of their players just needed to be ordinary today. We were gift wrapping their goals by dawdling on the ball instead of clearing and sleeping at throw ins. 

It was energy, movement, speed and belief.

The errors became almost inevitable, it was a matter of time.

4 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

We lost the league mate.   We have to perform on both fronts.   We are no better domestically now than we were when gio took over.  This was deja veu today.  Gio implemented the same tactics the last time we got beat at the scum dome and and against union.    We went there not to lose today.  Once the first goal went in we were out of ideas.   Rangers are box of chocolates under gio.  You just don't know what your going to get next.   

Agreed. The league is over and we're 3 days into September. Their GD is also miles ahead if ours. Oh well.

4 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Exactly, but some are saying losing today means we'll automatically be shit in Europe. All I was trying to say is over last 3 or 4 season (55 apart) being shit domestically didn't equate to being shit in Europe.

It looks like neither us or them are good enough to compete in both. They've decided domestic superiority is best for them, and we've chosen European success.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Exactly, but some are saying losing today means we'll automatically be shit in Europe. All I was trying to say is over last 3 or 4 season (55 apart) being shit domestically didn't equate to being shit in Europe.

It looks like neither us or them are good enough to compete in both. They've decided domestic superiority is best for them, and we've chosen European success.

This is CL, not EL.

We'd need to up our levels to get similar results.

I don't think this squad is good enough, relative to opposition.

I might well be wrong.