I haven't seen Ajax play so I don't really know what to expect from them. How much better than PSV are they? I expected PSV to be much better than they were.

While I haven't seen Ajax, I've seen Liverpool and Napoli recently and I fear what they will do to us.

4 hours ago, Gribz said:

I disagree. At the time of 3 of the goals I said that McGregor would have probably gotten to two of them and wouldnt have made the third error.

Just like he got to those three in Feb?

McGregor in goal would have made no difference.

This is about system and hustle.

Gio's system is to build from the back, control the ball, work it through key catalysts to goal...bam

It is methodic, but true to form it often yields results....but it needs time.

Ange's system is the Mongol hoard of football as it breaks that chain by hunting in packs...applying heavy pressure on those key hinge points (wings)...get control and hit quickly with numerical advantage.

It's fast break football.

However...where they are in numbers...they are not in other areas...for that you need hustle...offense...not 3 CDMs.

That is why a goalie would made little difference...as in Feb, our system, and personnel, were not correct.

Ok cool...good talk...I'm done with this shit show of a game.

On to the next. 

Edited by Malangsob

58 minutes ago, compo said:

A damage limitation exercise 

That was my thought against PSV, RB and Dortmund. And it will remain throughout our CL campaign. For some reason, we seem to be able to get a performance out of these players in Europe though, that is somewhat missing in Scotland. IMHO, that is a case of squad management, the reason why you have people like Wright, Sakala, Matondo, Jack et al in the team. People able to do the business "at home" while others are capable to do "business" in Europe.

On 05/09/2022 at 09:27, Yorkie Bear said:

I haven't seen Ajax play so I don't really know what to expect from them. How much better than PSV are they?

I don't think anyone knows. Last season they sneaked the title with only a 2 point lead. Since then they have sold £195m in talent and spent £95m of that on replacements. After an initial blip with the loss to PSV in the community shield equivalent, they've cruised through their league matches since and look very strong.

Only three new players are likely to start against us; Bergwijn, Brobbey and Bassey (£63m of their spend), in part due to an injury to their new £9m left back.

On paper, they are probably weaker than last season. They should be a cut above us but our best chance of finishing 3rd is by beating Ajax, it is achievable if we can find our European form again.