28 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

My fear with this postponement is that we've already had the stats that this is the first time we've conceded 4 goals in two successive games since 1982, when was the last time we conceded 4 goals in 3 successive games? Napoli don't look like pushovers here...

That's the spirit!

No surrender!

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That's what I mean, perhaps at that point he didn't know himself what the financial situation would be. 

He knew he had just qualified for the CL and didn't get a player out of it when the need was hugely apparent to almost all. 

Not sure what I think he should have said mind you but he must regret saying he was happy. 

Just now, the gunslinger said:

He knew he had just qualified for the CL and didn't get a player out of it when the need was hugely apparent to almost all. 

Not sure what I think he should have said mind you but he must regret saying he was happy. 

Agree, perhaps history is repeating and the board gave him the same line Gerrard got before he got unhappy and left. 

If i were a player I'd also be disappointed that having made the Cl and seen some big money departures there were no further reinforcements.

I remember years ago getting the call that my wife's grandmother was ready to pass on to the other side and the whole family rushed up to the nursing home.  It was a false alarm.  This happened 4 or 5 times until the inevitable eventually happened.    With every game that passes I feel the same about gio.  It is only a matter of time till its his turn to go.  He ain't cutting it.

Whilst it was great to see some fight and passion tonight, it was absolutely damning that we started the game with 9 out of 11 players that have been with us in 2019. The team has absolutely been weakened this transfer window. Gio has presided over a team that blows hot and cold, I’m still feeling quite bleak.

4 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I remember years ago getting the call that my wife's grandmother was ready to pass on to the other side and the whole family rushed up to the nursing home.  It was a false alarm.  This happened 4 or 5 times until the inevitable eventually happened.    With every game that passes I feel the same about gio.  It is only a matter of time till its his turn to go.  He ain't cutting it.

The CL group is just way above the level this group of players can get to and will provide further heavy setbacks. It is getting to the stage where it is pretty much a write off. Last game at home to Ajax will probably be our best chance of getting close to points. Gio did exactly that with Feyenoord in the CL, 5 losses, then a win on MD6.

Dropping points domestically is what would hurt him more.

2 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Whilst it was great to see some fight and passion tonight, it was absolutely damning that we started the game with 9 out of 11 players that have been with us in 2019. The team has absolutely been weakened this transfer window. Gio has presided over a team that blows hot and cold, I’m still feeling quite bleak.

The inconsistency is too much to bare.  And he still can't see the players who continually drag him down.

The GVB question centres on if he is capable of winning a league title.

I think we need really strong leadership from a manager and I don't see it with GVB.

Who comes in ?

Finances ?

Difficult questions that will probably see Gio stay on, but we know where this movie is heading.