18 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Has anyone ever seen a manager regain the dressing room.

No?

Me neither.

I’ve suspected as much for a while now but do we actually have any evidence that that’s what has happened?

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

The manager may be a duffer but the players should realise that people pay to watch them play to the best of their ability. If they won’t, find some who will. Anyway, don’t they just want to win any game they are playing in?

I've read far too many footballers autobiographies, listened to too many footballers podcasts to know that, a large proportion of players don't think this way and purely see being a footballer as a job, the fun leaves very early on with the pressures and stresses it brings... If the team wants the manager gone, its only a matter of time.....

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I’ve suspected as much for a while now but do we actually have any evidence that that’s what has happened?

On 04/09/2022 at 14:46, Bill said:

GvB's future in doubt? What lunacy is this ffs? Whether it's what you want or not, the simple fact is he's not going anywhere. Nor should he at this time.

There was another, more recent but I can't be bothered looking it up. #takeittothebank

I guess "for a while" can be different for different people.

#LoL

Edited by buster.

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

The manager may be a duffer but the players should realise that people pay to watch them play to the best of their ability. If they won’t, find some who will. Anyway, don’t they just want to win any game they are playing in?

Ole Gio not on your Christmas card list?

lol!

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

An article posted in FF and well worth a read. 

https://www.followfollow.com/parallel-lines/

Not sure I’d entirely agree with the comparison of the current team with the John Greig Rangers team of the late 70’s/early 80’s. 
JG’s team he inherited from Jock Wallace was an older team which was past its best. Trying to rebuild with players mostly bought from other Scottish clubs was always going to be difficult when we had little or no young players of our own coming through at that time. 

On 22/09/2022 at 10:19, Rousseau said:

But they were two weeks ago?

In all seriousness, I think they are worth it. They're talented lads; still only 20 and 21. They have a lot of potential. They may not show it consistently just yet, but I think there's potential there. 

Not sure about sands but I'd definitely get Tillman 👍

On 22/09/2022 at 18:27, forlanssister said:

Has anyone ever seen a manager regain the dressing room.

No?

Me neither.

Sorry, have I missed something?

How has he lost the dressing room? He's just taken the team to a Europa League final and he's qualified for the CL groups, I really don't think he's lost the dressing room.

14 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Sorry, have I missed something?

How has he lost the dressing room? He's just taken the team to a Europa League final and he's qualified for the CL groups, I really don't think he's lost the dressing room.

Watch the games, watch players senior players throw a deaf ear to his instructions time and time again.

Watch us defend set pieces when using the zonal system watch the players reactions when the enivitable happens.

Notice the drop off between playing Napoli when the players pride was at stake and Dundee United a Dundee United that shipped dozens of goals in less than a handful of games.

There is discord in the dressing room, some players are simpmy going through the motions on the pitch. They aren't going to bust a gut for someone they have little faith in.