[FT] Hearts 0 - 4 Rangers (Colak 6, 30; Morelos 76; Kent 90+1)

39 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Better than what? Better in what way?

I've found every domestic game - especially this season - poor under GvB.

It's most definitely the best domestic away result

However, the performance is just more of the same, though, which is not good enough, going forward. We're not winning 8, 9, 10 games on the bounce playing like this, never mind winning the league.

Everything seems to be rosy because we won, but, for me, nothing has changed in terms of our performance. 

i disagree the effort was far better. 

it eased off second half that natural with 30 games to play this month and anfield soon. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I can't see how anyone can sugar-coat and generalise performances based solely on the result and individual moments, irrespective of how we actally played during the game. :ninja:

I just don't enjoy watching us under GvB, and haven't done since last season, to be honest. 

Maybe I'm prejudiced in that regard. 

How can I be sugarcoating when even you have admitted there were positives? :-) 

How can I be sugarcoating when I've said the performance wasn't top class and that there is room and need for improvement.

It is possible to praise a performance when it's justified (as in today) but still demand improvement.

And today was an improvement in performance when judged against our other away games this season. 

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

How can I be sugarcoating when even you have admitted there were positives? 🙂

How can I be sugarcoating when I've said the performance wasn't top class and that there is room and need for improvement.

It is possible to praise a performance when it's justified (as in today) but still demand improvement.

And today was an improvement in performance when judged against our other away games this season. 

It's also possible to praise the result, but be disappointed with the performance. 

We'll need to leave it there. 

You don't understand my position, I don't understand yours. 

Fair enough.

"The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways, I to [mope over a poor performance], and you to [glory in a good result]. Which is better God only knows." 

Next week we will be playing the third placed team again, St.Mirren at Ibrox.

They are on a good run and the game comes after our visit to Liverpool.

They have conceded 8 in the league, same as us.

4 clean sheets, same as us.

Low Block Coming Up.

Eye on the ball and keep the domestic run going (2 and counting.....)

44 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Easy.

When did I say there were "no positives"? I thought the second goal was exquisite, which I posted more than once.

I still don't think the overall performance was any better than every other domestic game. 

You have to be kidding with this? Thats the best we have played for a long time away from home. I actually thought we played better when they had 11. I am delighted with that today. 

Given that last time out we were less than convincing against the bottom team at home, i was not overly confident about todays game, so a 4-0 away win against third placed Hearts is a pretty good result imo .

Only negative being, we could have put a serious dent in the goal difference had we been more clinical.