[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 17) - 7 Liverpool

5 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That is a good question. But then you could say the same for us last season. Dortmund and RBL have players worth more than our entire club.

I agree, under Gerrard (and I think Gio initially benefitted from this) we played well above our weight. But now we can't even be a solid team anymore. We shouldn't be getting bowled over 7-1 at home to ANY team. Even Real Madrid or Barcelona. 

4 minutes ago, ascender said:

I might be the only one who sees it like this, but other than #55, I'm still seeing many of the same issues which have existed since Gerrard came in. Obviously Gerrard oversaw a significant rebuild, but from then, until he left, there were issues which went unresolved and some are still there under Gio.

100% agree mate, spot on and good post.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Go Compare....the gulf....it is increasing.

Again, I am not saying things will change. I am saying what (however unlikely) we'd need to stop the direction of travel.

Rangers need to focus on things that are actually feasible.

Like continuing to increase revenue through European football and player trading.

38 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

How come they haven't collapsed against better opposition then? Look at who they've played over the last few years, they've knocked it out the park.

We did as well, but our squad reached its sell by date and at the same time come up against the real elite (BodoGlimt haven't as yet)

Add in what looks like a disconnect that some have with manager.

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Rangers need to focus on things that are actually feasible.

Like continuing to increase revenue through European football and player trading.

Yes, but I was focusing on the limits of where that will take us and the resulting widening gulf.