[FT] Celtic 3 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45', 79')

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Any sensible person will give Beale a chance to sort things out over the Summer.  The squad looked finished when he turned up and he's stuck with the majority of the past-it/useless/injured/losers until the end of the season.

Wanting rid of him now is just a temper tantrum.  

I think it is right to criticise the team for failing to take any of the three chances presented to them.

The truth is that we only need to move a few players on if we can replace them with quality.

Beale has done well overall but there is only so much he can do while those players remain.

Our biggest problem is the same as it was under Gio , we simply aren't clinical enough , every game this season the manager at that time in their presser afterwards would bemoan that fact .

I love Morelos and Kent , however domestically against Celtic they dont contribute enough .

36 minutes ago, rbr said:

Our biggest problem is the same as it was under Gio , we simply aren't clinical enough , every game this season the manager at that time in their presser afterwards would bemoan that fact .

I love Morelos and Kent , however domestically against Celtic they dont contribute enough .

I believe we are far better under Beale than we were under Gio (this season at least)

Certainly we aren't clinical enough, have major issues in the goal keeping department and our defenders appear to self-destruct.

14 hours ago, gisabeer said:

[Snip] We got it very wrong after 55 and should have cleared out then.  Were still playing the same under achievers expecting  different results withe the same tactics time and time again.  We're a rudderless ship.  Sorry its not what you want to hear but its the truth.  We're our own worst enemy.  a board that can't see what the fuck that's in front of their own eyes whilst playing on the loyalty of its fans.  By all means bill criticise me if you don't agree with my opinion but at least have a constructive answer rather than a cheap shot.  

So is it the boards fault, the successive managers fault, the players fault? 

How do we ship out an entries squad? If nobody wants to buy them, do we just pay them off? 

Who replaces the board? Who replaces the manager? What players should we sign? 

It's easy to scattergun blame but what alternatives can you suggest? 

54 minutes ago, rbr said:

Is Morelos maybe belatedly starting to discover how to score against them now?

scored in the LC final & his goal today should have counted

I said before the game today that we would only win if the defense did their job. That is how it turned out with assistance from 2 cheating refs, one on the park and one on var.  I've not been entirely convinced by Davies in the big games.  I think he always has a mistake in him (as does Goldson). Soutar can't possibly be match fit as he's hardly played so I will reserve judgement.  I have run out of patience with Kent and despite the fact Alfie is leaving he is still our best option up front.  As a Tillman fan I was hugely disappointed by him today and in the previous old firm games.  Beale did well to get a tune out of that lot today.  Congratulations to Tav on his 100th goal.