[FT] Celtic 3 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45', 79')

41 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Your football takes are on shaky ground

Long experience has proved that, so you’re right.

48 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You've already completely ruled out Potter as a manager for us, whilst suggesting Moyes is not the worst option

True, though. Moyes is not the worst option of the range of available managers with some sort of pedigree. I don’t think Potter would get the time he would need to improve the team and he would cost more than Rangers would pay. Having said that, some managers can bring about immediate change and even success.

We have had numerous breaks all season where we had overloads , infact at home v Dun Utd last week we had 4 breaks in the last 10 min where we had superior numbers and we screw it up every time .

I thought we played reasonably well for an hour yesterday. Indeed, in the first fifteen minutes of the second period we created a couple of decent chances, the momentum seemed to be with us.

During the 61st minute, Sellik broke upfield and won a corner. What occurred next is something we have seen in the team since Gerrard's days; we had half-a-dozen opportunities to completely clear the ball but failed to do so. There are four or five part/half clearances, the ball keeps returning and you feel it is a matter of the law of averages. Sellik gained confidence in their high press and both the goals conceded were as the result of our centre backs facing their own goal.

Davies fails to head the ball out from less than a yard from the bye line, the corresponding ricochet is snapped up by a lurking with intent, Kyogo. Souttar is similarly facing his own goal when he plays a pass to the Keeper without sufficient weight. This time Jota's predatorial instincts are alerted. Although we pulled one back, we provided Sellik with another couple of opportunities due to their high press.

Similarly, a month past at Hampden in the first half; we were reduced to hitting 70-80 yard diagonals from our own eighteen yard box in an attempt to escape the high press. Ninety per cent of the time, Tillman lost out to Greg Taylor in the aerial challenge. I suspect the key might lie in Bodo Glimt's 5-1 demolition of Angebaw? Their out ball was more of a chip to the wide areas of the half way line. The tallish midfielder was expected to win the ball and turn, his teammates were already flooding past on the inside awaiting the release pass. If not, they went down shielding the ball and, mostly won the foul.

Aribo was good in that role for us, we need to find a designated replacement before the semi-final.

The other aspect missing from our side is a snarling, narky midfielder in the mould of Stuart McCall/ Alex MacDonald, find him and place him on Callum McGregor.

40 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The other aspect missing from our side is a snarling, narky midfielder in the mould of Stuart McCall/ Alex MacDonald, find him and place him on Callum McGregor.

I think Raskin was doing a bit of that but our team are a bit of a bunch of pansies really.  

McGregor is constantly mocking them but there's not much of a response, ever.  We need some highly toxic masculinity throughout the team, in my opinion.  

Edited by Gonzo79

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think Raskin was doing a bit of that but our team are a bit of a bunch of pansies really.  

McGregor is constantly mocking them but there's not much of a response, ever.  We need some highly toxic masculinity throughout the team, in my opinion.  

We’re a bunch of Nancy boys can’t tackle or defend