Various board changes through May

15 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Was Mulholland not hailed heralded on his arrival as an upgrade on the previous chap, Sinclair? I know nothing of either so I maybe I’m mistaken. It’s been known.

Sinclair was a dinosaur who used to judge players on high and strength over technical ability.

So what's going on at Ibrox? Clearing the "deadwood"? 

New investors wanting their own people in place?

Something more sinister (rats and sinking ships)?

Edited by CammyF

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

There are persistent rumours of new investment but I've seen nothing at all to substantiate them. This look more like the housekeeping that accompanies new leadership taking over. I would take more notice if the changes were around the boardroom table.

It has been a fascinating month with Park, Robertson, Dickson, Wilson and Mulholland all leaving - that's five key people out with only one internal promotion so far. All this can be seen as a positive in terms of change but what is the strategy?

With an era-defining turnover of players imminent, no sporting director, no head administrator and no head of youth; how do we ensure continuity and, importantly, necessary improvement? Which investors are driving these changes? The chair needs to communicate.

You have to hope that replacements are lined up and it's simply polite protocol to wait until the incumbents have left the building. Still, it's a level of change I don't recall seeing outside of Admin. 

Clearly a good idea ... as long as fans don't think this is a platform for them to run the club and that there will be some questions that cannot be answered.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Clearly a good idea ... as long as fans don't think this is a platform for them to run the club and that there will be some questions that cannot be answered.

Pleased to see this initiative but for it to be of value, the format need to be well put together, time-wasting avoided and (most) main questions agreed in advance. Action points also need to be clear to demonstrate progress from quarter to quarter. Let's see what happens...

FWIW, I don't think I'll bother going along.

31 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Looks like Nine Lives Dickson has gone now as well.

That's surprising, particularly given his length of service of over 30 years.  He'd have a huge amount of institutional knowledge.

Could be that the new COO role that I'd heard about would cover some of his responsibilities?

28 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Not a dig at you, mate, but the lack of respect for Dickson elsewhere is disheartening. He's a bluenose who has given over 30 years of service to the club.