The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

15 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

You make your points with clarity and common sense; however, we should be qualifying for the CL every season. That must be our aim. Aribo and Bassey, granted, are great examples of who we should be recruiting; I'm dubious that Dowell and Sterling are in that league. BTW Aribo has sunk without trace at relegated Southampton - not sure what that tells us.

A cheeky £2M offer to bring the big man back up the road is worth a go.

22 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

BTW Aribo has sunk without trace at relegated Southampton - not sure what that tells us.

I think it was a bad move for him, he has done it for us in Europe and outshone Iwobi for the national team. Southampton look like a very odd club right now. Basically went out in the summer and bought an under-21 team and prioritised playing those guys over staying in the EPL.

22 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I kinda clowned earlier in the thread but it looks like Rangers are actually signing this guy.

This cat seriously scares me. 

Pretty serious medical issues.

Loan to Wigan-torn hamstring three months--recalled to Chelsea--and 12 month 'mystery illness' that saw him out  of football for 18 months.

Loan to Blackpool-ankle ligament tear--recalled to Chelsea

Loan Stoke--out first nine weeks with a groin, pull, tear? 

I appreciate that players are expensive and hard to acquire...but

las vegas dice GIF

3 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I kinda clowned earlier in the thread but it looks like Rangers are actually signing this guy.

This cat seriously scares me. 

Pretty serious medical issues.

Loan to Wigan-torn hamstring three months--recalled to Chelsea--and 12 month 'mystery illness' that saw him out  of football for 18 months.

Loan to Blackpool-ankle ligament tear--recalled to Chelsea

Loan Stoke--out first nine weeks with a groin, pull, tear? 

I appreciate that players are expensive and hard to acquire...but

las vegas dice GIF

We never learn!

13 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think it was a bad move for him, he has done it for us in Europe and outshone Iwobi for the national team. Southampton look like a very odd club right now. Basically went out in the summer and bought an under-21 team and prioritised playing those guys over staying in the EPL.

Aribo ain't comin back. Would you? 

Put yourself in his head. You pay your dues at Charlton. Roll the dice on coming to Scotland.

Then you finally get your shot at the bigs. Now you're gonna go back to Scotland? Two years later? For what? 

Granted he will be in the Champs next year, but still.

Them numbers on that contract don't change, just the scenery.

24 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Put yourself in his head. You pay your dues at Charlton. Roll the dice on coming to Scotland.

Then you finally get your shot at the bigs. Now you're gonna go back to Scotland? Two years later? For what? 

Players dropping from the prem to the championship tend to have it written in their contract that they will get a minimum of 40-50% wage reduction, although, would still probably be on more money than we gave him

2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

No and I wouldnt want him back either. After 1 year in the championship if he does well he could end up at a bottom 6 side for megabucks.