[FT] Rangers 3 (Cantwell 5'; Souttar 34'; Sakala 70') - 0 Celtic

54 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

It's nice to beat them in the moment but after that season I feel some anger inside to be honest. It's another example of what the squad can do when the pressure is off. Celtic probably learnt more from the match, their squad depth is not actually that strong. 

Will be glad to see the back of this season. Normally I'm massively hyped after winning an old firm match, but I just can't feel this one.

I’m just angry at wee short arse Wilson who took too long to get Cantwell and Raskin in January, had we got them in sooner and they could play in the first two games v them at ibrox and the LC final who knows. 

14 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

had we got them in sooner and they could play in the first two games v them at ibrox and the LC final who knows. 

They were both available for that one and it was Beale at fault for not picking them.  

So many positives from todays episode of "The Todd Cantwell Show". Some of his co-stars were also very good to be fair. Wee Ridvan made some tasty tackles. Jack, Lundstram & Raskin giving Cantwell the platorm to get right f**in intae them. McCrorie making a fair claim to the goalie jersey. Big Souttar doing Big Souttar stuff. Sakala & Matondo done there part too. Then there is the touches Hagi showed in his wee cameo, and some minutes for Lowry & Lovelace. 

WATP  :rfc:

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

They were both available for that one and it was Beale at fault for not picking them.  

Both were perhaps judged to not be fit. Iwata, Kobyashi and Johnston had been training with Celtic for weeks prior to being registered when the window opened and thus ready to play asap. Beale looks to have learned and is keen to get transfer business done quickly in time for pre season training.

I don't think anyone should underestimate the importance of Lundstram, Jack and Raskins parts in allowing Cantwell to have the free role that he was superb in today.

Also, the pace of Matondo and Sakala dragged their defence all over the place which again opened up space and gaps for Cantwell to exploit. 

Cantwell isn't the player I though he'd be, but he looks the part. We need more of similar or superior quality in the summer. 

Great performance. Managed to take our chances when they arrived and cut out the silly mistakes. Let's be honest, the last 4 OF have been close and this massive gap is a piece of piss. If we can get some faces in and a good pre season underway our belts we will be there or there abouts.  The first OF game us at Ibrox. That's when we lay down a marker and put pressure on them. 

Just now, Bluedell said:

Did Hagi's solo lap of honour at the end mean he's leaving? 

If we can get decent money for him, let him go. A talented player but definitely one that seemed to improve to match changing status during his year out injured. He's been OK for us. Nowhere near the levels some people had him at.