[FT] Rangers 3 (Cantwell 5'; Souttar 34'; Sakala 70') - 0 Celtic

If the League positions had been reversed I would have dreaded this match and found the result unbearable.

The team owes a massive debt to their employers, coaches and supporters. This result is a small beginning toward redeeming the debt. Comfortable, high-scoring victories in the remaining games and starting the new season similarly  will be a substantial reduction. With luck a lot of the individual debtors will be gone.

MY take from being at game was that the midfield was highly bolstered by the return of Ryan Jack which allowed the other three to perform to a higher degree,if not given at least another year we could struggle.

As for our goalkeeping problem McCrorie cemented his place as our future IMO.

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is he? Apart from the Braga game, I cannot think of another game that he has had a significant impact. He's decent on the ball but flatters to deceive IMO. 

Ray Charles Laugh GIF

Late to the thread, decent encouraging win!

Mainly took away that whilst people think Beale whitters on (paranoia from the online discourse probably helps, although he does at times) he's actually pretty bang on with his takes on us and them, especially in the last 3 games where really it's just down to poor execution and defensive howlers that's cost us. 3-0 with Sakala and Matondo up front, that's nuts.

Thought Cantwell and Raskin were standouts and I'd give McCrorie a chance at No.1, seems like he can play off both feet which is a bonus.

I'd also keep Sakala to be honest, as a squad player of course. I just think if he can chip in with 10-15+ g/a in 20 starts next season then that's sound, especially if it's a 60 game season. The sooner we're comfortable with rotating our frontline the better.

Looks like when it's all said and done there'll be a 4 game turnaround at the end of the season, considering how lauded this Celtic side is that sounds pretty small. Especially considering the gap between us and them during 55.

Good signings and a pre season and hopefully we can attack next season, starting with the ucl. Let's go!

7 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Another point..... keep the away allocation as it is. Maybe doesn't help at Parkhead but Ibrox was the loudest I have heard for years today> Give them 800 at the most

Agreed.  I don't want that filth anywhere near Ibrox.