[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

I would rather have a decent Europa League run than see Rangers get rectally dilated again by European super teams. 

I want to see good, COMPETETIVE football. 

I've had mixed feelings about this but on balance I have to agree with you. I think we're still one or two seasons away from being anything like prepared for the Champions League. Our Euro experiences this season were horrendous for everyone concerned with the club.

Having said that, my ideal European campaign would be qualifying for the CL group stage, finishing 3rd and then dropping into the Europa League and winning it 😉

29 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

No he doesn’t. He prefers to win in the EL rather than lose in the CL. Do you reckon Rangers are fit to cope with CL?

Explain the difference between that and a loser.

29 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

He’s one of your masters, don’t forget.

And?

Edited by ranger_syntax

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

You think like a loser.

I like to think I'm realistic. 

Thus the drag racing analogy.

You can tweak, adjust, chip it, drop it, change the tires and take out the back seat...but it is what it is.

We're runnin stock.

Besides, a good run in the Europa League gains Rangers a lot more positive exposure than a short ass stompin in the CL. 

I will do ya one better. 

I think with a good transfer window we could win that Conference League. 

I would be damned proud of that too.

Edited by Malangsob
can't spell...can't proof.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Explain the difference between that and a loser.

If you pretend to be ignorant I’m not going to discuss further. Or something like that. Can’t remember the exact wording.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

And

There is no and.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I've had mixed feelings about this but on balance I have to agree with you. I think we're still one or two seasons away from being anything like prepared for the Champions League. Our Euro experiences this season were horrendous for everyone concerned with the club.

Having said that, my ideal European campaign would be qualifying for the CL group stage, finishing 3rd and then dropping into the Europa League and winning it 😉

So you don't agree with him. 🤣

53 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Thus the drag racing analogy.

You can tweak, adjust, chip it, drop it, change the tires and take out the back seat...but it is what it is.

We're runnin stock.

Besides, a good run in the Europa League gains Rangers a lot more positive exposure than a short ass stompin in the CL. 

I will do ya one better. 

I think with a good transfer window we could win that Conference League. 

I would be damned proud of that too.

There are no guarantees. Anyway, there's no point in reiterating the benefits of playing at the highest level in Europe, you know that. 

But we should always aim higher, and if we drop to EL and then to the Conference and win that, I'll be delighted. 

You said you would prefer Rangers to play at a lower level. That's a separate point from what you think the team is capable of. Anybody can assess what the team is capable of. You need to think like a loser to prefer a lower level.

Besides, a good run in the Europa League gains Rangers a lot more positive exposure than ... the CL. 

Football is about competition. Positive exposure is of zero relevance.

CL first always for me. We got pumped this/last season but we're learning on that stage. There's no more prestige than being a regular in the UCL, look at how 4th has become a trophy down south.

Plus with the revamp reaching the last 16 looks a bit more doable after next season.

We're Rangers, original members of the first iteration of the UCL, people forget that but WE shouldn't.

Edited by yuddie

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

You said you would prefer Rangers to play at a lower level. That's a separate point from what you think the team is capable of. Anybody can assess what the team is capable of. You need to think like a loser to prefer a lower level.

You ever had words, sized a dude up and you just knew you could take him?

But then 'keepin it real' went south and you took an ass whoopin?

We have all been there...that first 'Bonnng' on the grape...that ringing sound...oh shit.

You see, I'm the type that does not need to get my ass kicked twice by the same guy.

The CL is that guy, and we haven't changed for the better.

We might...but we ain't there yet hoss.

Now you can fake the funk, and call me a puss, or a loser, or whatever, but THAT dude (CL) is not going to change for the worse.

We are an EL, ECL level contender.

Hell, right now we aint even that. 

When I think we are at that CL level, I will call it. 

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Football is about competition. Positive exposure is of zero relevance.

So the only thing gained from our EL final was the money? No heads (advertisers, signings) were raised? The increased global press coverage was of no benefit? 

Come on now.