[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

I had a look into possible opponents and it won't be easy - some good teams in it.

It's really important that we make it through the third round qualifier because then, even if we lose in the fourth round and drop into the EL, we get about another £4.5m.  

7 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Not this again Compo, It's been this way for over 30 years man. Don't whatever you do look at who plays in any of the 'world series' in the states, it'll blow your mind

😆 After the last campaign were I think we set the record as the worst ever in qualifying it's a no from me

9 minutes ago, compo said:

😆 After the last campaign were I think we set the record as the worst ever in qualifying it's a no from me

None of us want to see Rangers getting pumped but if the scum are getting £20m CL money and we're getting £10m EL money, it'll be harder to catch them. 

If you look at the pots, we could get a much more favourable draw this time (if we qualify), with a bit of luck.  

2 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

If wikipedia is to be believed, we will enter the 3rd qualifying round and be seeded.  The draw will be made on 24/7 and the matches played Aug8/9 and Aug 15.

The SPFL starts weekend Aug 5/6.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_UEFA_Champions_League_qualifying_phase_and_play-off_round

If this is correct I confidently predict we will be away at Aberdeen on the opening matchday of the season. 

28 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

If this is correct I confidently predict we will be away at Aberdeen on the opening matchday of the season. 

There speaks a man who understands Scottish football.

I understand the money angle of CL v EL, or ECL but we are just not geared for CL.

Plus I loved that when we were in the EL there was always that..."We can take these guys" feeling in the air. 

I just don't get that feeling in CL. 

Not because of the ass whippins we took...but it's just like...not enough horse power. 

Like takin your stock Stang to the drag strip and lining up against a cammed Vette...just gonna get walked.