[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

34 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I see hibz beat Swiss side Lucern 3-1 tonight at Easter road in the qualifiers. Lucern finished 4th in the Swiss league last season, 8 points behind Servette who were 2nd. Puts our result last night into perspective 

How does it? Hibs have played two more competitive games than us. I'm sure if we were playing the same game V Servette in 2/3 weeks we would run all over them as we should have last night. 4 or 5 goals would not have flattered us last night.

37 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I see hibz beat Swiss side Lucern 3-1 tonight at Easter road in the qualifiers. Lucern finished 4th in the Swiss league last season, 8 points behind Servette who were 2nd. Puts our result last night into perspective 

tumblr_mxwpgoCByi1qf1aoao1_500.gif

23 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I'd love to see us play with wingers. 

We'd need a new manager to do that, though - which I'd similarly love to see. :D  

I don't necessarily mean play with a winger from the start; thinking more in the later stages to turn defences as an impact sub. Only Wright offers that - and he is too much headless-chicken-like.

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

I don't necessarily mean play with a winger from the start; thinking more in the later stages to turn defences as an impact sub. Only Wright offers that - and he is too much headless-chicken-like.

Wright's not a winger. 

What you mean is someone that can dribble and beat a man. 

I do agree that's a skill we need more of, though.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

What you mean is someone that can dribble and beat a man. 

How terribly old fashioned.

If there's a man in front of you, pass it sideways or backwards.  Modern Football Rule No.1.