[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

Did see an article including the possible teams that we could draw, if anyone could look into it and put the teams we could get in this thread that would be great, struggling to find the article to be honest.

Also as an aside, the UCL is being revamped after next season I think so we need to really go for the ucl quali and the league next season (as if we weren't this ha!) and honestly, I don't mind the changes that much. Definitely seems like a bigger chance of reaching the last 16 + more match day revenue with the extra matches. 

Edited by yuddie

4 hours ago, Thinker said:

We enter alongside (most likely going by current league positions):

Marseille

Braga

PSV

Sturm Graz

Backa Topola

plus 2 of:

Dnipro

Union St Gilloise/Royal Antwerp/Genk

Servette

Panathinaikos

2 rounds to reduce the 8 teams to 2 qualifiers. All 6 eliminated teams go straight into the Europa League group stage..

Could be worse, suppose Marseille/Braga/PSV would be tough to beat even if Van Nistlerooy has quit.

Hopefully we get Ibrox second leg if we reach the play offs, if it's possible.

20 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

How do you know we are not geared up for the CL?

Bro...really?

20 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

We have a new (better!) manager and coaching staff and (I'm going with a conservative estimate here) SEVEN new first team starters since our last CL outing:  Raskin, Cantwell, Dowell already in, plus I estimate at least 4 new signings that I believe will be upgrades on what we had . It won't be easy to get there, and if we do, I doubt we'll be favourites to emerge from the group or parachute to the EL, but we'll have a hell of a better chance than last season.  

I know we got new guys in. 

We will get more new guys in...but.

That jump is insane.

I would rather have a decent Europa League run than see Rangers get rectally dilated again by European super teams. 

I want to see good, COMPETETIVE football. 

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Bro...really?

I know we got new guys in. 

We will get more new guys in...but.

That jump is insane.

I would rather have a decent Europa League run than see Rangers get rectally dilated again by European super teams. 

I want to see good, COMPETETIVE football. 

You think like a loser.

14 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

You think like a loser.

No he doesn’t. He prefers to win in the EL rather than lose in the CL. Do you reckon Rangers are fit to cope with CL?

He’s one of your masters, don’t forget.